new police car

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Having not seen it, I would only be guessing..............so my guess is AUTO.

Walks.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I can see a few gearbox changes at 20,000klms
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Walks wrote:Having not seen it, I would only be guessing..............so my guess is AUTO.

Walks.
Astras can be ordered as Autos, however the new 2007 WRX'S are manual only, 6 speed.

Will be interesting.....
Last edited by danny on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Their is a few spec differences between the 5A auto and the 6 speed manual Astras.

The autos don't have the sports button which adjusts the steering and suspension responsivness.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

yorky wrote:And you could say it was under Priority driving conditions (well during the news shot) so it can have as many lights on/flashing etc as it wants right? :wink:
Ahhh but I don't see any of the lights on the light bar lit up, or 1 of the head lights on, so I don't think he was under "priority".
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
BF

Post by BF »

The WRX will be ordered in manual only, it'll make a great police vehicle especially in the city/CBD.

I remember trialling one when VCU was running many years ago. The performance was sensational.

Might have to check those rear vision mirrors again Walks.

I'll have to wait to drive the Astra,although it'll probably be like trying to drive a VZ Executive fast, no power, no brakes, no handling!!!. So we won't be any worse off.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

ford thought ahead, Sequential auto. brilliant.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Tyranus wrote:
yorky wrote:And you could say it was under Priority driving conditions (well during the news shot) so it can have as many lights on/flashing etc as it wants right? :wink:
Ahhh but I don't see any of the lights on the light bar lit up, or 1 of the head lights on, so I don't think he was under "priority".
If you watched the video of it where that shot was taken on the news he was driving lights and sirens. Be it round and round in circles it was still lights and sirens :lol:
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
cat21

Post by cat21 »

Have they got some of these new cars up and running already?

On Alexander Drive just past Dianella shops (towards Ballajura way) I saw a car pulled over and it looked like a Subaru..dark blue in colour but unmarked except for the blue pulsing light on the dash.

It was over the other side of the dual carriageway (and I had to be careful NOT to hit the rubbernecker in front of me), so I didn't see it very well, but there was no mistaking the two police persons who exited and headed towards the hapless cortina driver!!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ohk no problems Yorky, didn't see the news only seen pictures of it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Well if you all saw the news last night - WAPOL is getting a new "SWAT" vehicle for Perth -

It was on 7 news last night, and boy ohhh boy, I gotta get me one of those ;) :lol:

It looked hell awsome, black in colour - fully armoured - top side turret - and has a personnel cargo hold too to transport TRG - Its like Christmas come early for the boys at TRG.

Vehicle is coming from LA PD from the United States.... - Would be interesting to check out at the next WAPOL open day
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

xli

Post by xli »

gkoutlis wrote:Well if you all saw the news last night - WAPOL is getting a new "SWAT" vehicle for Perth -
Its a pretty neat vehicle.. 5 tonnes i think they said it weighed! could probably drive through a house with it and only require a small paint job touchup..

Perhaps im living in a fantasy world though - but im surprised that we really need one. Does anyone know if any other aussie state even has one?
imacop

Post by imacop »

xli wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Well if you all saw the news last night - WAPOL is getting a new "SWAT" vehicle for Perth -
Its a pretty neat vehicle.. 5 tonnes i think they said it weighed! could probably drive through a house with it and only require a small paint job touchup..

Perhaps im living in a fantasy world though - but im surprised that we really need one. Does anyone know if any other aussie state even has one?
I don't see why we need one either.
WAPOL gets LAPD leftovers ?! it doesn't make sense.
BF

Post by BF »

Why are you both suprised that we need a vehicle like this?????

I thought it would be pretty obvious that this vehicle would allow TRG to conduct their duties as safely as possible.

By the way, I think the footage from LA was only used to show the vehicle. I'm pretty sure a brand new one has been purchased.