Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Bonez

Re: Bunbury police - live internet feed is online!

Post by Bonez »

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback so far!
Since I'm using Windows Media Encoder to host the stream, you must copy the link and open it in Windows Media Player, or an alternative player. Btw, if anyone out there has a Mac or runs Linux, please let me know if you have any success loading the stream, because I run a Linux Desktop and have not had much luck so far!

For those of you who aren't sure how to load the stream in Windows Media Player, simply open the player and press ALT+F which will bring up the File menu, then click "Open URL" and paste the stream location in.

So far it's looking quite popular, with quite a few connections throughout today. Please excuse the weak signal at times, as you know it can depend on the weather, the location of the scanner (eg, if it gets moved a few inches) etc. Right now as I post it is not extremely clear, but it's certainly clear enough to be able to listen.

Please post any feedback about volume levels, distortion etc. If it needs to be turned up or down I'd like to know. I do listen to it quite a bit through my Windows Mobile PDA but the speakers aren't very loud so I do not really know how good the volume level is.

Cheers
Bonez
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

OK ive got open url and typed in http://www.punyhuman-------////.Comes up windows media player cannot find the file.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

richard omeara wrote:OK ive got open url and typed in http://www.punyhuman-------////.Comes up windows media player cannot find the file.
http://www.punyhuman-------//// is not a valid link. Copy and paste the correct link from the first post and it should work fine.
You must choose "Open URL", not "Open"

Cheers
Bonez
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

Listening to it today as well as listening direct I found the signal is noisy and hit and miss. Quite a few conversations were missed."NOT A COMPLAINT". A better antenna should improve immensely.
Will you be adding the other southern and eastern networks or FESA to the stream? (they come into Bunbury quite well)
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Thanks Bonez.The http was me being lazy.I retyped it and got it thanks.Ive been listening for 20 minutes.Havent heard anything.Any one else heard anything tonight ?
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

yep, it's working fine tonight. We had a P2 about an hour ago.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Got it .Thanks all.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Nick wrote:Listening to it today as well as listening direct I found the signal is noisy and hit and miss. Quite a few conversations were missed."NOT A COMPLAINT". A better antenna should improve immensely.
Will you be adding the other southern and eastern networks or FESA to the stream? (they come into Bunbury quite well)
Hey Nick,

I got your PM as well but I may as well respond here. I'm in Dalyellup in a house with a tin roof, we barely get any mobile phone coverage inside the house let alone anything else. Unfortunately an external (outdoor) antenna is not an option for me at this point in time so I am hoping to just get hold of a Mag base with a scanner antenna and use that inside which should give a better signal.

The current signal on 468.175 is very weak, and yes I admit that at times it may be hit and miss but right now there's not much I can do about it. The scanner is sitting right on top of the PC case so there would be noise from that affecting the signal also. Once I get the mag base set up correctly on top of a book shelf or something then there should be no problems. It's just a matter of time and $$$ before I can do that though :)

So in summary, unfortunately I won't be able to add any of the other frequencies, possibly Busselton if the mag base behaves although not so close to the beach. I can receive Busselton from the driveway with the handheld scanner but inside the house it disappears all together.

I generally check the scanner every night and move it a tiny bit to get the best signal. I have just done so in the last 10 minutes and it is coming through a lot better now.

Cheers
Bonez
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

richard omeara wrote:Thanks Bonez.The http was me being lazy.I retyped it and got it thanks.Ive been listening for 20 minutes.Havent heard anything.Any one else heard anything tonight ?
No worries, glad you got it sorted. As I said in the original post, there can be times of complete silence, particularly at very off-peak periods when officers may not even be out in their vehicles, they could be at the office catching up on paperwork and be dispatched from there with no radio contact required.

Friday and Saturday nights are the best times to listen, especially from around 9pm onwards :)
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

I can supply you with a ground independent antenna that is very hard to see from the road (I know the Dalyellup/Treendale, Kingston rules). The antenna is about 300 mm long, 1 mm thick and 3db gain. But you will have to work out how and where to put it.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

How can i stop media player from turning of my internet conection.I seems each time someone talks on the feed my conection disconects.Any help please.I had it going great last night.But today another story.
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Other than Bunbury and surrounding suburbs, what other towns are covered by this channel?

Also, has anybody heard anything in the last hour and a half?
Have heard Bunbury base call up once and thats it so wondering if its just my crappy computer or just a quiet night???
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

Leigh wrote:Other than Bunbury and surrounding suburbs, what other towns are covered by this channel?

Also, has anybody heard anything in the last hour and a half?
Have heard Bunbury base call up once and thats it so wondering if its just my crappy computer or just a quiet night???

has been a quiet night here but it is working.

also wondering if the scanner that is being used is on scan cause it seems that i only get parts of the transmissions.?

also i heard car AR696 tonight, any one know what this vehicle is?
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Yeah, am only hearing the cars call bunbury base now and sounds like "local" is being used a lot of the time between the cars.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

from memory they can go "local" which is a different channel.
please correct me if im wrong it has been a few years since i had much to do with police freqs, that was before they went digital and encrypted and i was in perth
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300