Should Unmarkeds be fitted with LED ?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Should Unmarkeds be fitted with High Vis LED

Yeh For Sure
56%
Only Certain Unmarked
22%
Depends Where They Being Placed
11%
No , Unmarked Should not have LED
11%

Total votes: 18

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Cant most unmarked vehicles be told by the pursuit rims?
Millsy

Re: LEDs

Post by Millsy »

almo899 wrote:Something that i do miss is the alternating-flashing headlights which seem now are only used on ambos :(
I've seen a few Unmarked Cars Have Headlight Flashes, And out LT 1 has flashers aswell .
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

almo899 wrote: Hi vis LEDs including deckblasters, I believe, can help to enforce the message that there ARE unmarked police patrols anytime of the day or night and enforces paranoia among law breakers everytime they see a VY/VZ roll by 8).
LOL you just reminded me of my mum - she thinks every car on the road that is white is a cop car. I have tried to tell her they are in all different colours/makes etc to no avail.....still doesn't stop her being a leadfoot though unless a white car is coming towards her :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

lol thats awesome chicky hahaha thats funny as haha
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Must Be Us From Rocky who tend to drive like that :lol:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Millsy wrote:
almo899 wrote:Something that i do miss is the alternating-flashing headlights which seem now are only used on ambos :(
I've seen a few Unmarked Cars Have Headlight Flashes, And out LT 1 has flashers aswell .
All of the current-model fire appliances do these days, however, for the most part they only kick in when the siren is active and headlights are switched OFF. In the light tankers, if you look behind the drivers seat there is a 'headlight flasher' mounted above the siren/lighting amplifier unit.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

all calm heavys i have seen have the headlight flashign feature but it turns off when headlights are turned on
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

Tom wrote:illsy, that shot I posted yesterday of AZ210 is a good example of how an umarked car should be set-up, with window tinting and hub-caps. Inconspicuous...
Is it not possible to view previous pictures? I looked at the messages but they say:

Attachment(not stored)
YM102 YH101.JPG
Type:
image/jpeg

And no picture shows up.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yeah i am getting that same error too pdxn... :roll:
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Yahoo groups doesn't store attachments naymore, so if you weren't a member when the original msg was sent you can't view it.

Tom
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

Can you PM me then the pic of the unmarked unit you were talking about earlier in this thread.