Bike Callsigns

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

I'm not much of a cop car spotter so forgive me if I ask a question that has been asked elsewhere, but I only just noticed that cop motorbikes don't have an obvious antenna on the rear like the old ones. Maybe they are on-glass stick-ons on the windsheild?

Also, as I haven't been on this thread before, I can answer the TE question at the top - TE is the callsign for the TEG (Traffic Enforcement Group) which have cars and motorcycles. As stated above though, the callsign letters don't always stand for the section they belong to (they aren't necessarily acronyms).

Cheers
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Hey all....

is anyone able to advise how the vehicle allocation is done at the start of an officers shift??

do the same police officers drive the same vehicle most of the time?? or are they assigned to a different vehicle.. obviously im meaning at the larger stations such as Fremantle or Central. I can imagine they would drive the same car all the time at the smaller stations like Palmyra which has 2 cars in total.

or at the start of each shift are officers briefed and then told what car to drive?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but i thought this would be the best place to find out!

appreciate your help as always guys...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

i dont think they get the same car all the time, and i think its what ever car is free , they jump in and go
correct me if im wrong and with the bike question, i thik they have an elevated feed with a 4.5 db whip
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I hear its a case of whoever gets the keys first.... Hence why a lot are at work well before their shift starts 8)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i dont think they get the same car all the time, and i think its what ever car is free , they jump in and go
correct me if im wrong and with the bike question, i thik they have an elevated feed with a 4.5 db whip
I sat behind 2 bikes yesterday with no whip, which prompted the question about the on-glass antenna (or maybe they only had portables)? Odd...