Ride Alongs

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Toottoot wrote:When I lived in a large country town we used to get lifts home from the nightclub in the back of the paddywagon from officers we played footy with.
Reminds me when I lived up in the wheatbealt for a while, 2man station. used to tell one person that they would be conducting x on x time of x day everyone missed that area!
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

TK101

Post by TK101 »

Last edited by TK101 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorky

Post by yorky »

TK101 wrote:Everyone working Communications is getting a ridealong with the East Metro guys in the next few weeks. Not offered to anyone else though... I'll try take a video camera and let y'all know how it goes. :D
This week on, The Force II - Ride Alongs

:smt081

(seriously, sounds good)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

TK101 wrote:Everyone working Communications is getting a ridealong with the East Metro guys in the next few weeks. Not offered to anyone else though... I'll try take a video camera and let y'all know how it goes. :D
If your allowed that would be great youtube material.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I had a ride in the back of a paddy wagon in Narrogin 1 night...i was in a band that played at the pub and we (5 of us) got asked to a few party's after the gig. So we loaded up with a coupla cartons and a party vibe and headed out into the night...

After a little while wandering around town someone dropped a carton (guitarists huh) and cans spilt out all over the road, i got down to pick them up and some headlights stopped in front of us and from inside a van "What are you boys up to"... :shock:

After a short discussion they offered to take us around town to find us a good party, i thought we were going back to the station for sure. After going to 2 places they dropped us off at someones house because they had to go the school (alarm) but said they would be back later...i was surprised to see them come back and take us back to the hotel.

The following day i went via the station on the way back to Perth and asked the seargent to pass on a "present" to the 2 boys that showed us their great country hospitality. He smiled with a knowing grin??? :lol:

True story circa 1991 and a great night in the country, albeit Narrogin :lol: :lol:
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

jmmw wrote:That would sound good if i didn't know how cold it gets in the back.
After a 3 hour gig in a sweaty room plus alcohol, it wasn't too bad, can't say i noticed either jmmw... :lol: :lol:
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Nothin like doing 160km/h thru the Polly Pipe with Sirens/Lights ablaze and all four windows down!

Yahoo 8)

P.S. in a 5.7L Gen III
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

is that all the comms people or just the people working on VKI?