BIONIC addition to TEG

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I like it...mate and I decided we won't be pulled up by anything other than that :P just cause we wanna have a look :lol:

Disclaimer because someone is gonna say something: yes only joking there, if we get pulled over we will pull over!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I don't see what's new about having the WAPOL crest on the bonnet. I've seen a number of TE vehicles with it on there.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I remember the days when we lived out in the country, and every white car we saw (which wasn't many where we were) were considered to be unmarked police... Long gone are those days. I'm pretty sure there are at least one of every colour out there now...

As for putting out the signs before multanova's, I disagree with that plan. It takes away the uncertainty of having a camera/hand held 'just around the corner' all the time. That's how I drive, and it keeps my mind on what speed I'm doing. We all know people are going to slow down when they see one of those signs, and then speed up again once they've passed the camera. So why bother?? Don't see the point to be honest!
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Chicky wrote:I remember the days when we lived out in the country, and every white car we saw (which wasn't many where we were) were considered to be unmarked police... Long gone are those days. I'm pretty sure there are at least one of every colour out there now...

As for putting out the signs before multanova's, I disagree with that plan. It takes away the uncertainty of having a camera/hand held 'just around the corner' all the time. That's how I drive, and it keeps my mind on what speed I'm doing. We all know people are going to slow down when they see one of those signs, and then speed up again once they've passed the camera. So why bother?? Don't see the point to be honest!
Because it may change the perception of revenue raising, and if they were smart they would set up another a bit further down the road. The cops need to be acountable for their actions as well as the public, and the only way they can do that is to not hide behind trees hills ect. I think it is the best plan they have had yet. At the end of the day the best deterent for speed is an obvious presence of police. The more people see the police the less they will speed.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

The maximum distance between the sign and the camera is 5K's, if they get someone speeding to slow down for 5 K's then that's better than having them speed those 5 K's and get caught, sucks to be them if there's a cop car driving past them afterwards that catches them, or some cops doing laser work :lol: But there's no reason why they can't just put the signs out and no camera. I believe they also said only some cameras would have that sign and not all.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.