BP morning parking

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Re: BP morning parking

Post by JG-103 »

BLiNG wrote:Pulled into BP on Orrong Road in St James this morning (approx. 1:45am) and there were about 8 cop cars lined up. The boys in blue were having a chat/break. A number of marked vehicles, a few black SV6s.

Safest place in town right there and then. Any idea if this is part of the pay dispute?
lol
BF

Post by BF »

Why should FESA and SJA get 50% discount at McDonalds???

The whole reason they give Police discount is to encourage them to visit the premises so there's a Police presense. Just like Transperth giving free fares.

How could SJA and FESA (all respect to them for the job they do) possibly help McDonalds with unruly customers or fights????

It's just about different places thanking people for different things.

I know when I go to RPH for a job I don't get treated the same as the Ambo's.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Oh and a police presence at maccas is gonna look good to the public eye :?
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

BF wrote:Why should FESA and SJA get 50% discount at McDonalds???
Not what I've heard, been told that there's not too many Mac'ers that give half price to ambos. There was a particular outlet north if the river which did, but probably because they're there every weekend picking up the drug OD's flacked out in the toilets.

Fast Eddies also used to give all the same rate but I think it only the police these days (maybe because they have crib there every night)
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

My 2 cents - all emergency services should be given discounts... :wink:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Chicky wrote:My 2 cents - all emergency services should be given discounts... :wink:
2nd that :D
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Last edited by Fastlane on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Thankyou for your Insightful confession.

I have taken on board the fact that you disapprove of the meals of Mcdonalds. Unfortunately, We we're not discussing wether you - Fastlane consumed meals from there. We were discussing SJA & FESA as a whole

Sorry For any inconvenience this may have caused you :)

Millsy.
BF

Post by BF »

Millsy I don't understand your point about a police presence at McDonalds wouldn't be good for public image. Why????

Also you haven't answered my question about why should FESA and SJA should get discount. I don't have a problem with any establishment giving discount to any emergency services including Railway Guards, Edsec, local council security etc. You seem to have a problem with Police receiving anything, going by your initial response.

Perhaps it may be that Police patrol for their whole shift when no jobs are outstanding, whereas SJA and FESA can stay in the office and have a cuppa etc when they want.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

BF wrote:Millsy I don't understand your point about a police presence at McDonalds wouldn't be good for public image. Why????

Also you haven't answered my question about why should FESA and SJA should get discount. I don't have a problem with any establishment giving discount to any emergency services including Railway Guards, Edsec, local council security etc. You seem to have a problem with Police receiving anything, going by your initial response.

Perhaps it may be that Police patrol for their whole shift when no jobs are outstanding, whereas SJA and FESA can stay in the office and have a cuppa etc when they want.
Ok, The Police in maccas ? General public seeing cops in maccas... the first thing crossing there mind ? Slacking again

Don't get me wrong Bf ! i have no issue AT all with the police getting discount... i think its great considering the shit they see. But i don't think its fair that WAPOL gets this and not SJA and FESA ?

Hope that clears it up.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Millsy,

WAPOL are at Maccas undertaking Security patrols, generally have a word with the Manager to make sure everything is sweet and no dramas.

Things might have changed but the coppers would record details of this in their running sheets/logs.

I struggle to see how SJA and FESA are their for the same reason as the Police, no disrespect either.

Police are there on 'offical business'...same deal as licenced premises patrols...
BF

Post by BF »

Millsy I'll agree to agree with you on that. Unfortunately even cops have to eat.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Yeh mate i understand that... i just feel whats good for 1 service is for the rest ? if you catch my drift... Maybe my first post wasn't ... to the point.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

GC101 wrote:coppers always check in on fast food places and service stations, security checks, and after all these armed hold ups you can see why. and police get 40mins crib break as the EBA states, when u see coppers eating its not because they are slack its because its busy work, and like every other job coppers get breaks just more in the public eye. also we got thanked last night at a fast food store for eating there because they always have trouble there.
The EBA may state 40 mins but it hardly ever happens.. Apart from at the moment with the dispute....

Thats why though fast food outlets get used alot because sometimes you have to eat whilst on the go...... I love it when your getting macca's and people look at you as if to say " OMG their eating McDonalds" yet they forget what they are eating.....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"