Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Thats what I heard on the news too. Has he pleaded, or was it the guy in Geraldton that i'm thinking of?
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
northeast

Post by northeast »

Always RX wrote:Last night on the Freo channel, Polair 61 was struck by some clown pointing a laser at the aircraft. Fortunately the idiot did it several times and the crew was able to identify the source and got video footage of the offence. The offender was seen on camera to enter a house to which Polair promptly dispatched a police vehicle. The offender was apprehended and taken back to the station to be video interviewed. The Polair video of the offence and the interview video will now be used by the Australian Federal Police to charge the suspect with the serious offence of interfering with an aircraft. These charges can attract penalties of up to two years imprisonment and or fines of $5500.
So glad to read where fool used laser light at wrong aircraft this time, Polair was shot and they nabbed them,,i say,bloody good job Polair.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Always RX wrote:Last night on the Freo channel, Polair 61 was struck by some clown pointing a laser at the aircraft. Fortunately the idiot did it several times and the crew was able to identify the source and got video footage of the offence. The offender was seen on camera to enter a house to which Polair promptly dispatched a police vehicle. The offender was apprehended and taken back to the station to be video interviewed. The Polair video of the offence and the interview video will now be used by the Australian Federal Police to charge the suspect with the serious offence of interfering with an aircraft. These charges can attract penalties of up to two years imprisonment and or fines of $5500.
Brilliant. Very dangerous game that great to see the guys noticed it and were able to get some footage. I hope they confiscated the laser too. But it leads me to wonder, it was mentioned by someone here that they have a laser for star gazing so to speak. What happens if the laser is active and an aircraft flies over. Though I guess if the aircraft flies over it and the laser doesn't track it there shouldn't be a problem.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
northeast

Lasers

Post by northeast »

Tyranus wrote:
Brilliant. Very dangerous game that great to see the guys noticed it and were able to get some footage. I hope they confiscated the laser too. But it leads me to wonder, it was mentioned by someone here that they have a laser for star gazing so to speak. What happens if the laser is active and an aircraft flies over. Though I guess if the aircraft flies over it and the laser doesn't track it there shouldn't be a problem.
There have been many cases of a laser used at an aircraft cockpit on final around guildford and midland areas and West Swan, pity for the flight path that polair can catch those fools too, dont worry about jail or a fine, point it at thier own eyes..
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

Same thing happened in lynwood friday night. He shone it at another aircraft and then they told tower and then polair went over and they shined it at him multiply times. Once the police came to his door he went out the back and tried to hid the laser.. another stupid thing seeing that polair was watching and cops found it then he was trying to say he didnt do it but they have it on camera.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

guess the guy didnt know wapol had a chopper. :?
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
northeast

polair and water police

Post by northeast »

Some thing has happend, i think down at a beach,not heard original story on ch 21, polair airborne at shortly after 2pm and also water police called in, thats all ive understood at this time 1408 sun. listening for more info. appears to be a missing person or drowning,,police have personal belongings of POI.

FT101 in contact with Polair now heading for Scarborough now and TW *** heading also for Scarb. 1417

Now Polair has orderd all people out of water

There has been no mention of shark,its a drowning, possible near storm outlet pipe, the still checking and send divers down.

NOW the POI has been located at home,,what a waste of resorces for several hours..
Last edited by northeast on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

same as mualloo beach..
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Tyranus

Re: polair and water police

Post by Tyranus »

northeast wrote:Some thing has happend, i think down at a beach,not heard original story on ch 21, polair airborne at shortly after 2pm and also water police called in, thats all ive understood at this time 1408 sun. listening for more info. appears to be a missing person or drowning,,police have personal belongings of POI.

FT101 in contact with Polair now heading for Scarborough now and TW *** heading also for Scarb. 1417

all people out of the water...shark sighting/attack?
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

Channel 8 pursuit.. just aborted at 180km/h then guy took a corner and went into a ditch. JA101 was chasing car with a traffic sgt on board, but requested another traffic sgt out there.

** Called 100 in 80 area but sounded like 180km/h over radio and then the inspector said abort (he thought it was 180) even though it was still within limits for PP driver
northeast

Post by northeast »

Last edited by northeast on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Ch8 something about a pram found in the river at salter point. TW152 on scene with Polair assisting after refueling.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

nachoman wrote:Ch8 something about a pram found in the river at salter point. TW152 on scene with Polair assisting after refueling.
yeh i heard something going on near Mt Henry Bridge... scanner gone dead so do you know if there are any updates?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

NX103 heading to a primary school in caramar because there is a fire in the area and FESA water bombers are using the school oval to pick up water, the only problem is there is a group of kids harasing the helicopter crews and they cant take off.
i guess its ok if peoples houses burn down , just as long as the kids dont have to stop playing soccer :?
gkoutlis

Re: polair and water police

Post by gkoutlis »

northeast wrote:Some thing has happend, i think down at a beach,not heard original story on ch 21, polair airborne at shortly after 2pm and also water police called in, thats all ive understood at this time 1408 sun. listening for more info. appears to be a missing person or drowning,,police have personal belongings of POI.

There has been no mention of shark,its a drowning, possible near storm outlet pipe, the still checking and send divers down.

NOW the POI has been located at home,,what a waste of resorces for several hours..
AZ-211 - was heading up this incident - TW-152 was close to Scarb beach driffting in North Direction to find the missing person - Polair 61 was called up.... - But glad they found him.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.