Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

jmmw wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
jmmw wrote:I dont understand how that could have happened? unless when the probes were fired one hit each officer?

The female officer was hit in the back according to the paper, they didnt mention the male officer being hit so perhaps while he was trying to take the taser from the man he made contact with the front charge electrodes?
If you touch someone get tazered you will get shocked too.
I'm sorry but i have my doubts about this.

When i saw the police taser a violent person there was still about 3 officers piled ontop, and they didnt seem too bothered. I honestly think that if you were going to be shocked by it from touching a suspect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKbplNGhDo

2:30 of this video shows one man being held by two others while tasered and neither showing ill effects during the entire 5 second shock.
None of them are grounded.

I have seen an instance where the office was underneath an offender when another office tasered the guy on top.

Both of them got shocked.

EDIT: Get a bunch of mates, take the spark plug out of the lower mower, one person holds the spark plug, another hold the lowmower halnde, and everyone else stands in a circle holding hands.

Then have someone pull on the starter cord, you will all feel it.

Basically if you find yourself in a poistion where you provide a good eath point, particullary if the person getting taser is grounded well, you can easily get zapped through someone else.

EDIT2: I am not saying that you WILL get shocked by touching someone getting tazered, merely that it is possible.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tyranus wrote:Meaning you got photo's?? :D:D
Only of the moving video kind :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Schism_ wrote:Was just a story on the news about two officers from scarbs who were shot by their own tasers, the offender was tasered and pepper sprayed too, and they somehow were both injured...
Just back tracking a bit, whilst i was there and talking to the officers involved, there was no mention of any OFFICERS being tazered. And after listening to the audio recording (as garbled and distorted as it is) i don't hear any reference to any officers being tazered, only the offender. I saw officers affected by physical assault and OC, and the offender was clearly suffereing the effects of OC.
I'll be the first to admit i was not there to see the fracas, and i may be wrong, but i am curious where the information about any officers being tazed is coming from?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Auntys_eyes: the article in the west when reading comes across that way and seven news also mentioned it on the report im assuming that wasnt the case anyways because it seems outright impossible.

On the taser note Channel 10 news last night showed a guy in the US being held by police and being tasered the police holding him down didnt show any signs off the effect of a taser
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

auntys_eyes wrote:
Schism_ wrote:Was just a story on the news about two officers from scarbs who were shot by their own tasers, the offender was tasered and pepper sprayed too, and they somehow were both injured...
Just back tracking a bit, whilst i was there and talking to the officers involved, there was no mention of any OFFICERS being tazered. And after listening to the audio recording (as garbled and distorted as it is) i don't hear any reference to any officers being tazered, only the offender. I saw officers affected by physical assault and OC, and the offender was clearly suffereing the effects of OC.
I'll be the first to admit i was not there to see the fracas, and i may be wrong, but i am curious where the information about any officers being tazed is coming from?
The reports I have read indicate that the femal officer has burn marks from the taser prongs
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

the reports are corect.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Markmywords wrote:Auntys_eyes: the article in the west when reading comes across that way and seven news also mentioned it on the report im assuming that wasnt the case anyways because it seems outright impossible.

On the taser note Channel 10 news last night showed a guy in the US being held by police and being tasered the police holding him down didnt show any signs off the effect of a taser
It's not impossible at all. If you were to place one hand on the person gettting tazed's foot, and your other hand on a kitchen sink, you would definately get shocked.

If you provide a viable path for electricity you will get shocked.

Maybe this page will explain it better

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_3/3.html
Last edited by Kinetic on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Kinetic wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Auntys_eyes: the article in the west when reading comes across that way and seven news also mentioned it on the report im assuming that wasnt the case anyways because it seems outright impossible.

It's not impossible at all. If you were to place one hand on the person gettting tazed's foot, and your other hand on a kitchen sink, you would definately get shocked.

If you provide a viable path for electricity you will get shocked.

If you grab someone while wearing decent shoes, you wont. Do it beafoot and you probably will.

Maybe this page will explain it better

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_3/3.html
I guess this sums it up: Without two contact points on the body for current to enter and exit, respectively, there is no hazard of shock.

Whoops: that was meant to be an edit :(
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Maybe I watch too much 'Cops' but I've seen plenty of vision where officers are holding suspects down while they are being tased.

I'm all for someone volunteering to get tased, and I will hold them down, just to test the theory. Maybe Walks can get his taser ready.

:)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I'm in as long as i get to keep the taser?
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

BLiNG wrote:Maybe I watch too much 'Cops' but I've seen plenty of vision where officers are holding suspects down while they are being tased.

I'm all for someone volunteering to get tased, and I will hold them down, just to test the theory. Maybe Walks can get his taser ready.

:)
If you were to flip that situation so the offender was on top (instead of the cop) an then tazed the offender, the cop would get shocked. THere is footage of that on one of the cops episodes to.

PC Power Play had tazers in their tech section last month I think it was. $400 for a tazer (And it was one that shoot barbs too).
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

So in summary: the tasers have two prongs to make the circuit. if one prong touches the victim and the other doesnt make contact, the electricity will find the path of least resistance to make the circuit. if the users body is closer to the second prong than the victim the the circuit could be completed through both the victim and the user. given the high voltages the charge can jump to make the circuit. ordinarily the two prongs would both touch the victim completing a relatively short circuit. the victims clothing, dry skin, jewellery, floor material, atmosheric conditions would all come into the equation.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

:roll:
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

back on topic:pretty good pursuit las night about 2300
went all round kwinana motorbike my mate msged me sayin ther wa sa cop chase so i just got home raced inside n cranked scanner
went all round kwinana parmelia
then onto freeway north off at anketell rd n dumped bike in toilet block outside the mandogalup volunteer bfb then ran into the spectacles
polair 61 was tracking him the whole time n he didnt know no cars could pursue him coz he was going to quick
cars arrived at the scene: VR108,AV201,AV210,UQ114,UQ110,VK102,VK612,AV252,CD508,CD503,VC10?,VR101,VR105.
took about 20 minutes for polair to actually get the ground police to find him in the scrub but they got him eventually. drove past after they had him in custody n ther was heaps of cars aye all parked on side of road with doors open.
looked pretty kool

anyways thats a pretty exciting thing for the suburb of mandogalup.

chris :wink:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

anyone know what happened today about 2:30pmish outside the fruit n veg shop in south freo today-at least 6 cars off at the scene.