CD Technique

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

CD Technique

Post by JG-103 »

Was stoped by a CD car about a week ago (CD507 im pretty sure (it didnt have the spots )) i was coming towards them and they put their LEDs on so i stopped and they drove right up to the front of my car with the tip of theirs whilst the rest of the car was across the lenght of the road. Which is a pretty good tactic to stop u from driving off. Do all cop cars do it or is it just the CD's? And couldnt someone hit them in the side of the engine bay and disable their car (and most likely ur own) or is it just in the games that u can do that???? Thanks
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

wtf wer u doin
170 in 50 whiclst goin sideways??/

well id say if they had a head on with ya u'd both be mucked up
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

No, me and my mate were going to a friends house in near Risely street to pick up a computer chair after work (0300) because he is movin house. Their was offenders on at some house near my mates house, apparently they were on the roof. Two CD cars went their and found a stolen car just down the road, we heard all this and looked in the map book to find a park and a tennis club just across from where the stolen car was. So i said to my mate we should drive past the park and see if we could see anyone hiding or running across it. One of the CD cars must hav had the same idea and were coming the oposite way to us, we (my car and the CD car) must have both bein doin like 20ks in a 50k zone lookin for these offenders and we came across each other on the same road, they saw us, put their lights on, i stoped and they they came right up to my car, nose to nose whilst the back of it blocked the other side -( they must have thought we were the offenders or picking them up or somethin) so a quick drivers license check and a quick look in my car and that was it, they told us to be on the look out for the offenders and that was that.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

one more thing, my car cant do 170 (it maxes out at 120) and i would never do that speed in a 50k zone.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

120 whatttt im pretty sure it could do better than that man
fair call on why they pulled u up though
chris
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

JG-103 wrote:No, me and my mate were going to a friends house in near Risely street to pick up a computer chair after work (0300) because he is movin house. Their was offenders on at some house near my mates house, apparently they were on the roof. Two CD cars went their and found a stolen car just down the road, we heard all this and looked in the map book to find a park and a tennis club just across from where the stolen car was. So i said to my mate we should drive past the park and see if we could see anyone hiding or running across it. One of the CD cars must hav had the same idea and were coming the oposite way to us, we (my car and the CD car) must have both bein doin like 20ks in a 50k zone lookin for these offenders and we came across each other on the same road, they saw us, put their lights on, i stoped and they they came right up to my car, nose to nose whilst the back of it blocked the other side -( they must have thought we were the offenders or picking them up or somethin) so a quick drivers license check and a quick look in my car and that was it, they told us to be on the look out for the offenders and that was that.
No this is not some unique move by CD cars. It is just easier to block head on rather than attempt to turn around after, possibly having offenders run prior to your u-turn.

JG103 I must say that you tend to be out with your mates at the right time lately. Out looking for offenders (possibly armed) whilst picking up a computer chair......is it worth the risk sticking your nose in. On the flip side maybe the CD car missed the offenders by seconds because they had to STOP your car and check it out.
From another post:
JG-103 wrote:One thing i would never use my scanner for is to go to a scene and hinder an operation or job.
mmmmmmmmmmm.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

haha Slammed
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

No i think Walks has a point - Its called Hindering Police - Its on our Guidelines - We must not act on what we hear - We can't go looking for Crims - or anything like that - You place yourself in danger and others...best to keep away no matter what the nature of the incident is...

People need to be careful with this..... Good point walks....
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

I concur with Walks on this. My ears pricked up to a recent post by JG-103 in regards to a pursuit with an XR6 ute in Willagee, Post was dated 29/6 under pursuit section.
JG-103 mentions that he did not have his scanner. I found this curious because he mentions how the stolen vehicle almost took out a parked XR6 and some wheelie bins. This was the interesting part because this was not mentioned over the radio (and most of the police involved were not aware of this either) at all and the street it occurred in was a very obscure side street in Willagee that unless you lived in it you would not drive down there.
Maybe a coincidence and I am overly suspicious but where there is smoke....
I do know that a few more guys will be noting regos of cars that cruise by jobs that create interest here.
Don't take this as a personal attack just remember you could put yourself and your mates unintentionally in danger just as you cruise by a job/pursuit that turns pear shaped.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Strange y'know..

I seem to remember making similar comments in relation to fires not so long ago... :lol:
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

JG- 103 reading back on some of your post there does seem to be a pattern going on. It appears you and your mates seem to be in the right place at the right time or the wrong place at the wrong time depending on who's perspective you see this from. Here are a few examples:

Forum: WA Police Service Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:33 pm Subject: Gas leak Dixon rd
Yeah, me and my mate were heading to rocko shops, hit the detour and could smell it, pretty strong too and the complainent said.

JG-103

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:19 pm Post subject: Plane Emergancy

Yeah, in the relation to the one just recently, iv never seen so many cop cars at a scene, I would guess 7 or 8, including av 251, Av205, VP102, VC101 and a few more. FRS-Fremantle 2nd Canningvale 2.4 and didnt stick around for the rest. The news camera people on the ground where slow to get there, when they rocked up it was all over (ABC and some other)

A73

JG-103

Replies: 370
Views: 21908
Forum: WA Police Service Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:33 pm Subject: Pursuits and other events
Me and my mate were going home from work about 20 mins after the incident and went thro the area (didnt have my scanner), and saw at least 5 vehicles and k9 searching, does anybody know if he was caug ...

JG-103

Replies: 60
Views: 1983
Forum: General Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:52 pm Subject: More idots AND they have the nerve to ask how to get out....
Sunday night, me and my mate saw a car speedin down Gilmore Ave (80ks or so in a 60k zone) in leda, at first we thought it was some stupid hoon, so we followed it and would u know it it was VR106 :sh ...

It may all be coincidental and If it is I am sorry for suggesting otherwise. If you are heading to things you hear on the scanner you are putting yourself in danger and as Walks had said you could hinder the police and the POI could have escaped as a result of your actions. I probably should have pm you in regards to this but I feel as tho this can be used asd a warning to all members of the forum the warning being IF YOU HEAR SOMETHING ON YOUR SCANNER STAY WELL AWAY AND LET THE POLICE DO THERE JOB PROPERLY. YOU COULD BE PUTTING YOURSELF OR OTHERS AT RISK. Sorry for making the statment public and if it is all a coincident I do appoligise in advance and please feel free to pm me if you have anything you need to discuss
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

I guess it's time I stuck my 10 cents worth in: Chev and Danny I know are cops so they should be able to access the Police Act to find the relevant section and confirm this.

It is illegal to act on the information intercepted by what ever means to the hindrance of Police or for Financial Gain or Reward.

Before everyone say's what about the towies? thats a tricky one because Police have to hear the message on his device, (scanner) then he (The Towie) has to get there and then he has to get the job.

There has been a long standing gentlemans agreement Police don't ask and Towies don't say and if asked they usually say we got a phone call.

Long ago before night news and others of the same cult (for want of a better expression) came to existance it was not uncommon for a towie control room operator to earn $400 a week from his company in wages and up to $2,000 to $3,000 a week from the various media outlets for good news tips.

I have got the guff on the P2 issue and will post the explanation in the next day or so (sorry I have to go to work myself) in short this will become a permanent thing in the not to distant future.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

When the police go digital some of us clever members can pick up a few bucks giving media and towies some info...Whoo hoo! We'll get our fair pay one way or the other... I have already stitched up a few contacts.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

celestial_insight wrote:When the police go digital some of us clever members can pick up a few bucks giving media and towies some info...Whoo hoo! We'll get our fair pay one way or the other... I have already stitched up a few contacts.
HAHA :lol: Some how I dont see you making much from the media :wink:

EDIT: Im assuming you are claiming you have cracked the encryption?