New TEG Cars

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I am not a union person never have been and more than likely never will be.

However If I was ever to become a Police officer or a Nurse they are the times I would join a Union in a second.

The police union is very good.. and dont usually get tied up in industrial crap like your CFMEU type unions.

If I was a police union member I would still be happy to dish out fines as I dont believe in striking. I also think that people need to be punished for flouting the law just because they think they can get away with it.

Personally I think things like parking infront of multi's and not issuing fines are childish activites. I think the pay dispute should be solved by due process not acting like kids.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Kinetic wrote:
ryno wrote:Don't be so sure about no fines!
Danny's head might explode trying to restrain him self from fining people!!

:)
Yean dont remind me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

but ill back the union 100% of the way, as Ludacris said, if you ever need the union, they are there for you.

besides we are not even at that stage yet, lets deal with it if and when we get there.
danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

Fozzy wrote:Personally I think things like parking infront of multi's and not issuing fines are childish activites. I think the pay dispute should be solved by due process not acting like kids.
Something alot of you guys dont understand is that regardless of the wage increase issue, we do welfare checks on multinovas anyway, we park beside them making sure we dont interfer with the camera, and then we sign there running sheet to say alls good.

We then leave and continue our duties.

Please explain how that is childish because i know for a fact that when a camera operator calls urgent he is being assaulted by a member of the public, he knows that a car will be getting there as quick as they can to assist him/her.

Now the point im making is that if members of the public see Police vehicles doing checks on the camera operators then there going to be less likely to pull up and abuse them.

The media blows it out of proportion once again.

A union is only as strong as its members.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Well said Danny,

Behind you guys 100% with your EBA, just remember guys if you don't stick together they'll break you down.

A union is only as strong as its members is spot on.

marto.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Personally I think things like parking infront of multi's and not issuing fines are childish activites. I think the pay dispute should be solved by due process not acting like kids.[/quote]

and Fozzy with an attitude like that thankfully you will be never more than a public servant.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

burnt!
ryno

Post by ryno »

Ludacris wrote:
ryno wrote:
Ludacris wrote: Why not.
Sorry, is that a statement or a question?

If it's a question, then because I issued plenty today, and will continue to do so if people think (like one lady did today) that they can speed and indanger life and will be let off "cause we're on strike".

:roll:
Take it your not a union member then, but I bet you will be glad to put your hand out for the extra pay.....

Back your union, because let me tell you ( and I definately know) when you need them they will be there for you....

And it was a question, but after seeing your response its now a statement....
Unfortunately your assumption is incorrect whether I am a union member or not is irrelevent, because as mentioned the union has not instructed anyone in my area to issue cautions instead of infringements. In addition, as I mentioned when someone says they thought they would just get a caution because "we're on strike" I am not going to allow that perception to be confirmed at all.

For info: the specific incident I refer to, it didn't matter - as the speed the driver was travelling, it was an infringement before I even got out of the car.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Chev and Danny.

I think you took my comment out of context.

I understand welfare checks are done on multis and the like..

All I was saying is I think delibertly parking infront of a multi (to alert road users) or not issuing a fine because you think it will get the pay dispute somewhere is abit over the top.. I wasnt pointing fingers or anything like that.

Basically I was more pissed off at the thought of people thinking they can get of just cos the police are "on strike".. It miffs me abit the thought process that must go through ones head when they get in the car... " Hrmm police are on strike today I might do 100 down this street.. past that child care centre"

I think you guys and the police in general do a great job and I also belive you are underpaid for what you have to put up with and appreciate you have to fight to get more.. I have been around WAPOL all my life as my Dad was in the job before I was born.. I have seen lots of changes over the years and lots of different disputes about different things yet they always seem to get resolved....This is a testament to the Police union.. I have also had to deal with Mike Dean on a personal level and I must say that man is pretty clever at what he does..

Comments like "Fozzy with an attitude like that thankfully you will be never more than a public servant" are however abit unfair.. I wasnt having a dig at anyone so I dont think you should do it to me.

I also agree it is blown up by the media... Sometimes that will work in your favour and other times it wont...
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Guys I am closing the topic. I don't think either party will agree with each other and as a result things will probably get out of hand AGAIN. So this is more of a cautionary mesure if either parties still feel the need to discuss it further please feel free to in pm tho. If you still want to discuss about the New TEG cars I have left that part of the topic open and can be found still in the WAPOL section with the same name