WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

sezza

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by sezza »

Thanks- what did the medical entail ?? Also how long for DNA and bankruptcy checks??
Thank you
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

medical is nothing mayor, they check your heart, bp, lung capacity, etc. with the drug screen, if they don't do it at the Dr.'s surgery make sure you follow it up and make sure it's faxed from the lab to the academy the next day. bankruptcy check it's instant, you do it yourself online, they will tell you the sites on the letter and you will have to pay a small fee. DNA and finger prints take bout 2 weeks, all this will cost you a bit but if you can do them as soon as possible. Make sure you keep your fitness up, its only gonna get harder, and make sure you behave yourself, they are watching everything you from the moment you apply till the very end. don't speed and if you have official contact with police in any case you have to tell the academy right away, they will find out anyway. these are all the questions i wanted answered when i was waiting, hope it helps you. Good luck
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Yes they do watch you carefully. They will put a Low alert on IMS when you apply so if you are in contact with the Police for a bad reason Speeding Etc... They will do a name check of course and see the alert “WA Police Applicant” and report it to the Recruiting team I think.
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

Yes, that's right they have applicants and recruits name flagged, and even thought the academy gets informed they want you to call them and tell them yourself. SGT gave us his number to call any time if we get pulled over or have any contact with police, They dont want to think your trying to hide anything
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Was at the Academy Yesterday for the Psych evaluation and also the RJP in the evening.

Saw what appeared to be new recruits still in suits etc (possibly you mrsg84 ?) on the parade ground beign taught how to stand etc.

Have to wait for my physical now.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Good luck to you.
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

warrior2001 wrote:Was at the Academy Yesterday for the Psych evaluation and also the RJP in the evening.

Saw what appeared to be new recruits still in suits etc (possibly you mrsg84 ?) on the parade ground beign taught how to stand etc.

Have to wait for my physical now.
Wednesday drill, that was grey squad, I'm green squad and had drill on Thursday but yes I'm one of those recruits without uniforms, we are getting them on Wednesday. Hope everything went ok at the psych. I thought I failed for sure! Hahaha I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought. With any luck, we'll be seeing you on June/July.
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

Ah okay, Without uniforms I couldn't tell.
Oh good to know feeling like I might have failed the psych is normal :)

Hopefully be there in July
sezza

Post by sezza »

Just heard that got into selection pool but also that have to re sit physical eval if / when called up. Is this standard procedure?? Seems the tests never end!!
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

I didn't have to re do the physical because I did mine not too long before I got in but the next school is not until June/july and they have to make sure you are keeping fit. So yes it is normal, I heard of it happening before.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Mrsg84 - how much notice did you get to say you were in squad? Just wondering as I have to give a months notice to current employer.
mrsg84

Post by mrsg84 »

sezza wrote:Mrsg84 - how much notice did you get to say you were in squad? Just wondering as I have to give a months notice to current employer.
I got 1 Month notice, but some people in my squad found out a week before the start of school, but then again it's a triple intake and we graduate just before CHOGM. for you it will probably be a month.
warrior2001

Post by warrior2001 »

During our RJP we were told it could be as early as 8 weeks prior to commencement you may be notified however during that time people may drop out or not be available to commence at the Academy.
In which case the above hapens where some people are offered the position with only 1 or 2 weeks to go but they understand that if that's all the time you are provided that you may not be able to attend.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Thanks guys, guess I just sit back and wait now! Good luck for your physical, I'm sure you'll be fine.
sezza

Post by sezza »

Warrior2001 a at you RJP did they say when injury the next squad started?