Body of child found in Cannington

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Fair point, it was not a professional comment. Just trying to emphasise on the tragedy. If anyone took it the wrong way i am sorry.
So what?? I thought his comment was justified.

Why is Robo apologising for, he's entitled to his opinion and he's more than entitled and welcome to express it.

It's getting to the stage where there are too many 'net nannies' on this group. :evil:

cheers

Tom
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

This ofcourse would be a very volitile topic, and as soon as personal opinions are expressed here ofcourse theres going to be a disagreement
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Tom wrote:
Fair point, it was not a professional comment. Just trying to emphasise on the tragedy. If anyone took it the wrong way i am sorry.
So what?? I thought his comment was justified.

Why is Robo apologising for, he's entitled to his opinion and he's more than entitled and welcome to express it.

It's getting to the stage where there are too many 'net nannies' on this group. :evil:

cheers

Tom
Only apologising cause I am new to the group and dont want to offend people (until I get to know them!!!). Being a touchy subject I thought I would back down.
Enough said.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Robo (and others),

Please don't be shy in posting an opinion on here. Because some of our forum members might be employed by one of the agencies we talk about, it doesn't (or shouldn't) mean that what they say should be held up to any higher level of scruitiny or accountability.

If I can use Robo as an example for the moment ... whatever he posts as his opinion is exactly that - his opinion and nobody else's. Who he works for has nothing to do with it, and nor should it.

However if he was to post something and at the bottom put his real name, position, regimental number, etc then we could assume that he was writing "officially". Until then, he's just as entitled to post his thoughts and opinions as anyone else...

The fact that members of the WA Police choose to frequent this forum and interact with other members in an informal manner can be a very valuable way for us all to understand more about "how things are". It would be a real shame if people had to stop contributing because others put whatever they write under the microscope...

OK I'll get off my soapbox now and return you to your regularly scheduled programming... :)

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Robo wrote:It would be tough to arrest someone like that and still stay composed. Chances are they did nothing but they would have gone in praying that the guy put up a fight therfore they would be justified in using a bit of force.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for the police to act professionally all the time when faced with some of the people and situations they do...

While I'm sure they would have been grateful for the guy to put up a fight when he was being arrested, I wouldn't think the police would invent a reason to subdue him.

With our system of justice, it seems to be very easy for accused people to be found not guilty because of something that happened early on. I don't think anyone would jeapordise a conviction for a few moment's pleasure in handing out some summary justice...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Here Here Zeeb

Well said on both counts,

Don't anyone be scared to give an opinion ever, it's usually always the response that can become a worry. :lol:
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Never Know who's watching :oops: :twisted: :evil: :shock:
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Ludacris wrote:Never Know who's watching :oops: :twisted: :evil: :shock:
Very very true!!!
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Ludacris wrote:
Never Know who's watching Embarassed Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Very very true!!!
That was basically the point I was trying to get across in my previous post.
I personally don't have a problem with anyone else expressing their opinions on here. It's other people's reactions that can be a worry!

And Zeb, Thanks for getting on your soapbox and clarifying 'the guidelines' hehe..

:mrgreen:
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

A service is to be held outside Big W at Livingston SC at 5:30pm today.
wildennis

Post by wildennis »

The company i work for has the security contract for Livingstone and over 500 people attended the service...