Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Pursuits and other events

Post by written_ficton »

Mitchell Freeway / Kwinana Freeway blocked.

No Cars can pass the Hay Street Bridge over the Freeway. Unsure of what is happening, but Police has blocked off traffic on Hay Street

Unsure, possible Jumper?
I've closed the door!
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Posts on twitter seem to confirm it
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Mitchell Freeway / Kwinana Freeway blocked.

No Cars can pass the Hay Street Bridge over the Freeway. Unsure of what is happening, but Police has blocked off traffic on Hay Street

Unsure, possible Jumper?

From what I heard on 6AR FESA - this was a drill excercise - and posted the units that were responding, but have since been stood down. According to DM Metro, meeting point was Cnr Hay and Elder Streets, with near by arterial roads blocked off.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Probably did that so people who listen were none the wiser
I've closed the door!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

They do also do various training excercises I remember the Saturday morning a couple of years ago when they blocked off the tunnel and simulated a major traffic crash.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Threats to Northbridge business
August 26, 2010 - 1:16PM

Police have cordoned off a section of Northbridge after a man issued a threat from inside a business on Francis Street.

The man is claiming to have something dangerous in his car or bag, however police have yet to determine the level of the threat or its nature.

Police vehicles are currently down at the scene

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/threa ... 13tk3.html

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Well done to everyone involved in the recent two day blitz. Everyone was certainly kept busy in Subiaco last night and after seeing first hand of the incident on Thomas Road in the evening goes as a pure example of what WA police we have to put up with in todays society.

Job Well done!
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Serious crash - Car vs Truck

WAPOL, FRS - SJA in attendance.

From Main Roads;

Entered: 20/09/2010 11:06:57 AM

REPORT OF A CRASH:

MORE INFORMATION HAS COME TO HAND;

CAR VS TRUCK - KWINANA FREEWAY SOUTHBOUND [1KM SOUTH OF ROWLEY ROAD] IN WANDI – BOTH LANES ARE CLOSED AT PRESENT - EXPECT DELAYS
Entered: 20/09/2010 11:05:53 AM

REPORT OF A CRASH

CAR VS TRUCK - KWINANA FREEWAY SOUTHBOUND AT BEELIAR DRIVE/ARMADALE ROAD IN SUCCESS – LANES CLOSED EXPECT DELAYS

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Not a good way to start of a Tuesday morning

Body been found in burnt out vehicle in Bassendean just nere the Red Rooster in the Shopping Centre car park.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Bit late but....

20:33 on 25/9/10

Female around 17-19 years, parked a XT6 turbo ontop of a Westernpower Transformer, on Wanneroo rd
and also cut the nearby power pole out in the process.

no serious injury, one casualty.

WP/WaPol/SJA/FRS all turned out.

Transformer and pole were replaced the next day, nearby stores lost all power for 24hrs.

I was supprised to see all Emergency crews park DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH the high and low voltage powerlines that were about to come down, not to mention the powerlines that were already on the ground. and many bystanders coming VERY close to a damaged transformer.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Wierdest thing happeng at local primary school at the moment. Two trg patrols unmarked lc troopy with black ladder on roof, couple of other unmarked cars and ca502, 4 & 5 and the bearcat assembling on the basketball courts.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

LighteningCrashes wrote:Wierdest thing happeng at local primary school at the moment. Two trg patrols unmarked lc troopy with black ladder on roof, couple of other unmarked cars and ca502, 4 & 5 and the bearcat assembling on the basketball courts.
Bikies?
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

LighteningCrashes wrote:Wierdest thing happeng at local primary school at the moment. Two trg patrols unmarked lc troopy with black ladder on roof, couple of other unmarked cars and ca502, 4 & 5 and the bearcat assembling on the basketball courts.
Suburb?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Here's what LighteningCrashes was referring to:
"Heavily armed tactical response group officers have raided the Beaconsfield headquarters of the Coffin Cheaters bikie gang."
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... eaters-hq/

Geoff
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Just watching what i think is Polair over roughly Innaloo way with his search light on 10/10/10 21:00

Edit, Update He did about 3 loop's over the area as then one swing north via Malaga then now look like back to YPJT 21:03