Busy night Tonkin and Reid Hwy's Polair 61 and K9's

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Brett

Busy night Tonkin and Reid Hwy's Polair 61 and K9's

Post by Brett »

Well I took the wife for a drive and in that time around 8pm or so we caught a high speed chase invloving a couple of cars. 4 youths flying up Reid Hwy, hit another car going through Tonkin lights. Polair 61 was on the scene within 10 minutes, several other cars called in plus K9.

Thick bush hampered the search for 3 of the 4 perps. One was already caught. This went on for about an hour and a half.

By the time we got home they caught 3 of the 4 and Polair was still looking for the 4th.

Anyone else catch this one?

The wife was impressed, I think she's keen at heading out this weekend to see what happenes after hours.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Yeah I heard this one. POLAIR was using FLIR to help the K-9 check out heat sources. I went to take the garbage out and saw POLAIR circling with its night-sun on.
Lots of cars involved. Only caught a bit of it but figured it was a chase cause they had lots of cars in the area. Thought i heard TE211 on air which is a booze bus sv-6 car, maybe the kids did a runner from the bus?
Anyone know anymore?
Brett

Post by Brett »

Yeah, the chase when past the Booze Bus and 3 members followed. The boss pulled a few more from there to assist.

Will keen an eye out in the paper today.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys not sure if this is related - but heard CD-507???? this morning on Channel 8 trying to track down an Ford XR8 in Gosnells????? I think it was stolen - so not sure if this has anything to do with the pursuit....?
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

Does anyone happen to know was it a Red AU XR8? (serious question) as I was almost blown off the road by one just after 1am on Grand Prom between Beaufort St and Walter Rd. I would estimate it's speed in the very high 100's. I did grab it's rego as it went by and considered phoning it in but unless there was a police car on Grand Prom there wouldn't have been much point as it disappeared into the darkness in a matter of seconds.
Last edited by just.nosey on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

just.nosey wrote:Does anyone happen to know was it a Red AU XR8? (serious question) as I was almost blown off the road by one just after 1am on Grand Prom between Beaufort St and Walter Rd. I would estimate it's speed in the very high 100's. I did gab it's rego as it went by and considered phoning it in but unless there was a police car on Grand Prom there wouldn't have been much point as it disappeared into the darkness in a matter of seconds.
From what i heard on channel 8 - I think it was black or dark blue????
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

ok thanks
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Guys not sure if this is related - but heard CD-507???? this morning on Channel 8 trying to track down an Ford XR8 in Gosnells????? I think it was stolen - so not sure if this has anything to do with the pursuit....?
Considering the pursuit ended and they caught the people running, to make any sort of connection between the two would be pretty thin.. Perth is a big city - lots going on!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

gkoutlis wrote:Guys not sure if this is related - but heard CD-507???? this morning on Channel 8 trying to track down an Ford XR8 in Gosnells????? I think it was stolen - so not sure if this has anything to do with the pursuit....?

Mr G I think you'll find the car you were talking about was related to my post about the off duty member following the stolen car as they stole another car after dumping the one they were chased in.It was a dark blue ford But there where quite a few cars stolen last night.Including a truck this morning stolen from Kewdale.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I think its cool that they gave the dogs name
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

doogues71 wrote:

Mr G I think you'll find the car you were talking about was related to my post about the off duty member following the stolen car as they stole another car after dumping the one they were chased in.It was a dark blue ford But there where quite a few cars stolen last night.Including a truck this morning stolen from Kewdale.
Your right mate - Sorry *blushes*