Bag Cops thread

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Ludacris wrote:You won't hear many country cops as most jobs are done by phone... So it won't be very exciting
Probably not. But what will be exciting is receiving a UHF signal from 100s of Kms away. Must be the amateur radio operator in me :mrgreen:
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
stevesperformance

Post by stevesperformance »

I disagree.There are a lot of jobs given out over air.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

I noticed a sub-topic of the previous related thread was about vehicles, ie V8's and turbos etc. I understand that it is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their view. I do, however find it amusing to see people getting high up on their soapbox about something they know absolutley nothing about.
I enjoy these sites but guys if you are going to offer an opinion or make a comment at least try and make it an informed one. Given that most of the knowledge base here is derived from scanner listening the threads should probably stick to those. By all means continue with the current threads if you enjoy giving others who choose to THINK and then write a chuckle[/b]
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Seeing as the other post is locked, i was wanna state that i was not cop bashing, i was saying that an undercover cop car shouldnt be able to speed to a 328 which is a disturbance for those of u who thought it was a domestic - Tom and Kinetic- however because of what i posted i found out from VK6 as to why they are allowed too. I know 6 cops and they along with all the other men and women in the force do a wonderfull job, im not nor wasnt bashin any off em!!!!
hitman

Post by hitman »

CHEV4EVR wrote:I noticed a sub-topic of the previous related thread was about vehicles, ie V8's and turbos etc. I understand that it is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their view. I do, however find it amusing to see people getting high up on their soapbox about something they know absolutley nothing about.
I enjoy these sites but guys if you are going to offer an opinion or make a comment at least try and make it an informed one. Given that most of the knowledge base here is derived from scanner listening the threads should probably stick to those. By all means continue with the current threads if you enjoy giving others who choose to THINK and then write a chuckle[/b]
I am guessing this is directed at myself and just.nosey.

For clarification, you're right, I know nothing about the police vehicles in question. But to say that I know nothing about the type of vehicles circulating within the Police force or outside is crap.

And for further clarification, I haven't owned a scanner for a very long time. Seems to me you are just another cop on here trying to inflate that already inflated ego.
Cheers
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Not my point. I find the posts by Just.Nosey informative. The refreshing part about those posts is that Just.Nosey doesn't pretend to know something. If the information is not verified it is declared in the original post.

It is fairly obvious what type of vehicles are used by WAP. Part of this site is to catalogue them which is fine as cars can be a common interest to most people. To say whether they are suited to the tasks of policing by looking at them or hearing about what they can do is a completely different matter. For a debate to have some credibility (ie V8's v Turbo V SV6) one party at least should have some first hand knowledge about what is required.

The whole point of my post was that people should stick to the theme of scanning and cataloging of vehicles.
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

hitman wrote:Seems to me you are just another cop on here trying to inflate that already inflated ego.
What??? :roll: :roll:

Your kidding me right? You really think he is trying to inflate his ego? Nothing he said had anything to do with his ego. He was making a valid point. Regardless of how much one thinks they know, they never really know until they have been there and done that. For example, I can explain all day long to someone what it is like to be stationed on an Aircraft carrier and deploy to a conflict. You can read as much as you want about it. But unless you have actually been there and done that, you will never trully know or fully understand everything that goes on or happens, and fully understand the reason behind it.

It has nothing to do with putting people down. Its just a matter of fact.
hitman

Post by hitman »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Not my point. I find the posts by Just.Nosey informative. The refreshing part about those posts is that Just.Nosey doesn't pretend to know something. If the information is not verified it is declared in the original post.

It is fairly obvious what type of vehicles are used by WAP. Part of this site is to catalogue them which is fine as cars can be a common interest to most people. To say whether they are suited to the tasks of policing by looking at them or hearing about what they can do is a completely different matter. For a debate to have some credibility (ie V8's v Turbo V SV6) one party at least should have some first hand knowledge about what is required.

The whole point of my post was that people should stick to the theme of scanning and cataloging of vehicles.
I think it's fairly common knowledge what police vehicles are required to do. It's not rocket science.

I am not 'guessing' when I make suggestions as to what is suited. My profession has me handling all sorts of vehicles on a daily basis, many of which were discussed in that previous post. Where as your profession has you being told 'what to drive, when to drive, and how to drive' on a daily basis. If this is to be interpreted as complete first hand knowledge then I think we have a problem.

I choose not to stick to the theme of scanning and cataloging of vehicles as it truly has no interest to me anymore. My daily visit to this site now unfortunately revolves around the continual flaming. Here I was thinking the members on the job wouldn't get involved. Boy was I fuckin mistaken!

pdxn: Crap. His post isn't about valid points... it's about having the last say in something he think he can educate everyone about solely because he is on the job. If it wasn't he wouldn't have emphasised the "stick to scanning as no-one else really knows what they are talking about".
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Ahh good to see a thread need to degenerate to this sort of behaviour.

You will find that quite a few "members" browse this site on regular basis. It is actually quite interesting to see how other people view the tasks that are attended and what tasks are "interesting". I have been browsing this site for a long time now and have only started posting in response to that winner "byte". I do not think I am lowering myself or trying to inflate my ego by posting.

You are right we get told what to drive but at the end of the day I DRIVE it and that gives me the right to offer an opinion.

Mind you at the end of the day having a large ego is much better than having a chip on your shoulder......[/b]
hitman

Post by hitman »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Ahh good to see a thread need to degenerate to this sort of behaviour.

You will find that quite a few "members" browse this site on regular basis. It is actually quite interesting to see how other people view the tasks that are attended and what tasks are "interesting". I have been browsing this site for a long time now and have only started posting in response to that winner "byte". I do not think I am lowering myself or trying to inflate my ego by posting.

You are right we get told what to drive but at the end of the day I DRIVE it and that gives me the right to offer an opinion.

Mind you at the end of the day having a large ego is much better than having a chip on your shoulder......[/b]
I was in total agreeance with your words towards Byte.

But to say "stick to scanning" - surely you can see how intimidating that may come across to people? Are you trying to say that non members don't know what they are talking about... regardless of the conversation at hand?

Care to emphasise your comment about "chip on your shoulder"?
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

The comment was based on viewing your post history. You seem to have this view that coppers have blown up egos and always think they are right.

My comments about "stick to" are not designed to be intimidating towards others they are along the lines with the comments made by the moderators of this forum. If you have no interest in scanning or police vehicles then find someone else to stir and we can go back to what most users of this site enjoy, scanning. Find a post on this site about a scanning event that has me declaring "Me King Kong, you loser, go away you peasant"...hmm I don't think so.

If you want any help I will be glad to direct you to sites that are designed for you to endlessly argue with someome else about some banal point.
[/quote]
hitman

Post by hitman »

CHEV4EVR wrote:The comment was based on viewing your post history. You seem to have this view that coppers have blown up egos and always think they are right.

My comments about "stick to" are not designed to be intimidating towards others they are along the lines with the comments made by the moderators of this forum. If you have no interest in scanning or police vehicles then find someone else to stir and we can go back to what most users of this site enjoy, scanning. Find a post on this site about a scanning event that has me declaring "Me King Kong, you loser, go away you peasant"...hmm I don't think so.

If you want any help I will be glad to direct you to sites that are designed for you to endlessly argue with someome else about some banal point.
[/quote]

I wouldn't consider my posting history as a view that coppers have blown up egos. My brother is apart of Major Crime, and I certainly don't think he has an ego. My closest mate is on the job... I know he doesn't have an ego. The list continues...

My view on coppers having an ego is all about you, and only you. Don't try to reflect it to make it seem like I am taking a dig at all of the guys here that are on the job, which would ultimately get all your 'mates' on here taking a dig back.

If you are going to play symantics, then why are you on here? Do you own a scanner, or would you consider listening to VKI all day at work as scanning, therefore 'entitling' you to be a member? Because I no longer have an interest in scanning I am not entitled to post? Or read?

I know Gavin or Doug are going to pound me for these posts. But seriously, you are a dickhead.

I don't need to be directed to any other sites. I am quite content with sitting here being a pain in your ass.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

It's on again .... :?
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

JG-103 wrote:Seeing as the other post is locked, i was wanna state that i was not cop bashing, i was saying that an undercover cop car shouldnt be able to speed to a 328 which is a disturbance for those of u who thought it was a domestic - Tom and Kinetic- however because of what i posted i found out from VK6 as to why they are allowed too. I know 6 cops and they along with all the other men and women in the force do a wonderfull job, im not nor wasnt bashin any off em!!!!
Personally I think they should be allowed to.

It only takes that minor disturbance a split second to go from a heated argument to somebody geting stabbed in the face.

Which may be prevented if the copper get there quicker.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

hitman wrote: I know Gavin or Doug are going to pound me for these posts. But seriously, you are a dickhead.

I don't need to be directed to any other sites. I am quite content with sitting here being a pain in your ass.
I hope they do "pound you", if you don't like scanning then you are obviously in the wrong forum.

Basically your saying you just want to hang around and troll.

Real upstanding member of society I see........