WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by written_ficton »

woobla1 wrote:
written_ficton wrote: Except doesn't seem that way with snot nosed 'cadets' that join straight out of high school.

NRA can you quote correctly? At no point did I sayu

"Except doesn't seem that way with snot nosed 'cadets' that join straight out of high school"
I've closed the door!
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

gkoutlis wrote:From what I was told, you need to be a Police Officer (serving) for at least 5 years or have in excess of over 3 to 4 thousand flying hours with numerous ratings NVFR, VFR, CPL, PPL and re-newals - Before you can be considered for the airwing.G
Pretty much it, but where you state Serving Police Officer ADD the experience to it. The Examiner who contracts to POLAIR is not called the "Punisher" for nothing :lol: You have to know not only how to fly an aeroplane but also the rules and reg's back to front!

A MECIR goes in your your favour too!

CC 8)
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

ConstableCare wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:From what I was told, you need to be a Police Officer (serving) for at least 5 years or have in excess of over 3 to 4 thousand flying hours with numerous ratings NVFR, VFR, CPL, PPL and re-newals - Before you can be considered for the airwing.G
Pretty much it, but where you state Serving Police Officer ADD the experience to it. The Examiner who contracts to POLAIR is not called the "Punisher" for nothing :lol: You have to know not only how to fly an aeroplane but also the rules and reg's back to front!

A MECIR goes in your your favour too!

CC 8)
or a CIR aswell as Pressurisation and Turbine ratings, considering they have PC-12's ;)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
trent

Post by trent »

Good luck Woobla, I have to wait until September before I can re-apply. :(

Didn't realise that there is a 12 month delay now, hmmm, interesting.
This is my signature, get you own!
cat21

Post by cat21 »

I'd say they may be looking for new recruits a little earlier if the backlash over the recent trial does hit as hard as some of my friends say it will :cry:
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

cat21 wrote:I'd say they may be looking for new recruits a little earlier if the backlash over the recent trial does hit as hard as some of my friends say it will :cry:
meh, like most things I think it will be forgotten, or at least lessened over the months.

I have certainly thought a few times about pulling out my app. But well its what I want to do and I wont let some pack of @holes like the mcleods to ruin my dream.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
bigmancallum

Post by bigmancallum »

woobla1 wrote:Sooo sent off my app today for wapol.

Told about 12 month delay if I get in. Due to economic uncertainty etc and the 're-engagees' that is those that abandoned the coppers chasing the big money coming scurrying back. Also no more pommy recruitments.

Changed times for wapol.

How is everyone's apps going for those still looking at it?
Woobla1, can you clarify for me please - is that 12 month delay definite for everyone after they put in the app or is it just them telling you something like it will probably be a year before your'e picked from the pool?
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

bigmancallum wrote:
woobla1 wrote:Sooo sent off my app today for wapol.

Told about 12 month delay if I get in. Due to economic uncertainty etc and the 're-engagees' that is those that abandoned the coppers chasing the big money coming scurrying back. Also no more pommy recruitments.

Changed times for wapol.

How is everyone's apps going for those still looking at it?
Woobla1, can you clarify for me please - is that 12 month delay definite for everyone after they put in the app or is it just them telling you something like it will probably be a year before your'e picked from the pool?
for everybody I have heard. I have 4 mates that applied all 4 got in.
3 been told 12 months
1 been told a few spots opened up around December.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Just if your interested...
If you have applied previously and are now sitting in the pool, before you can be selected for a place you will need to sit an additional aspect to the physical. There is now an agility component that will have to be passed. It is essentially weaving through a set of markers, with your attempt being timed. All new applicants now do the course as part of their physical, the first lot did it yesterday, apparently with few success stories...
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

singkenten wrote:Just if your interested...
If you have applied previously and are now sitting in the pool, before you can be selected for a place you will need to sit an additional aspect to the physical. There is now an agility component that will have to be passed. It is essentially weaving through a set of markers, with your attempt being timed. All new applicants now do the course as part of their physical, the first lot did it yesterday, apparently with few success stories...
I don't know why they are making it so hard. Its easier to get into the army, afp, nsw p, qld pol, Vic pol is a little bit easier. Besides there is hardly any physical requirement once you are out of the academy. They tried but about 70% of the force would have failed the fitness test

Actually the test to become a British royal marine commando is 10.1 just to be eligible to apply

Im whinging about the 10.01 on the beep test for 10-29 y.o males :( lol

whinge completed.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

woobla1 wrote: Besides there is hardly any physical requirement once you are out of the academy.
[/quote]

Not sure if they are the words I would use...

Obviously you don't know a great deal about Policing or are just disgruntled.

I am sure there are many sections which require regular physical excursion.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Hey all... I have also been told there is about a 12month wait now. I have heard of the new agility test and have also heard rumours that recruits now have to redo the beep test every two months.

I thought i'd let you all know that i am booked in to sit my Police Enterance Evaluation on April 21st!

Wish me luck! :D
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
trent

Post by trent »

Best of luck with the exam Donks.
This is my signature, get you own!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

One thing I do know for sure is that if you have done a physical in the last six months and are waiting to get a spot in one of the two july classes then you will have to go into the Academy in 3 weeks to complete the agility course before your place is officially offered to you.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

singkenten wrote:One thing I do know for sure is that if you have done a physical in the last six months and are waiting to get a spot in one of the two july classes then you will have to go into the Academy in 3 weeks to complete the agility course before your place is officially offered to you.
That's because they've scrapped the Obstacle course and replaced it with the Agility course right? Any idea why the change?
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter