Traffic Enforcement Group

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I've got 0 demerit points also.. :wink:

You must be the only motorist in Perth that adbides to the speed-limit, but that's your choice.

cheers

Tom
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Well myself and my collegues must be the only safe drivers in Perth then.

I dont get your point Tom, you say that the Police are revenue raisers but then you come out and say that you dont abide by the speed limit.

Attend a couple of fatal crashes and then see how you feel about it all, I stop trucks for speeding every day. No I dont let them off at all, yes they do get pissed off but at the end of the day I would rather have a pissed off truckie that slows down than anthor fatal on the roads.

If you speed, you choose to, but you have to face the fact that if you speed, you are breaking the law, you break the law and you will get busted.

I personally dont see any advantage of doing 65 or 70 in a 60 zone anyway, you dont get there any quicker, you still stop at the same traffic lights that I stop a.

LOL :D
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I dont get your point Tom, you say that the Police are revenue raisers but then you come out and say that you dont abide by the speed limit.
When did I say that?

I just share the opinion that speed cameras are mobile cash registers, nothing but revenue raisers and that's why the goverment wants to invest in more of them and up infringements.

I not critising your work either Dazla I see you guys at work up and down the Gt Northern Hwys on a regular basis.

I'd love to know what percentage of the revenue raised from speed and red-light cameras actually goes back into Road Safety....

rgds

Tom
lytec

Post by lytec »

one thing that always comes up when people talk about speeding fines and more multinovas is that it is only revenue raising.How is the revenue raised?By people speeding and breaking the law.How do you stop the revenue raising?Dont speed and dont break the laws of the road.I know that it sounds simple but that is the truth and how it is.If people all took responsability for their own actions and said yea I sped,I deserved to get th $x fine and points.
gkoutlis

Re: .

Post by gkoutlis »

lytec wrote:one thing that always comes up when people talk about speeding fines and more multinovas is that it is only revenue raising.How is the revenue raised?By people speeding and breaking the law.How do you stop the revenue raising?Dont speed and dont break the laws of the road.I know that it sounds simple but that is the truth and how it is.If people all took responsability for their own actions and said yea I sped,I deserved to get th $x fine and points.
Well Said :)
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

Multinova is a voluntary form of Taxation .If you wish to contribute you speed.If you don't wish to contribute obey the laws of the land.
lytec

Post by lytec »

well put Nick.my thoughts exactlly
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Very well said people :D
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Removed after abuse from Genisis in a private message. I will not post anything again to keep everyone happy.
Last edited by Bungarra on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lytec

Post by lytec »

well with the amount of crap they have to deal with and the fact they might need to drop everything and get to their car and take off on an emergency they need to have their vehicle close.
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Exactly.
When they're on the roads it's hardly ever a simple matter of getting from A-B. You've got to be understanding.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, well certainly heard alot of activity on Channel 3 yesterday which is a lightly used Local channel....

And boy were they out in force, they clocked one guy doing 104km in a 60 zone....again - No callsigns or location, only made up names like "Macca" etc..... but yeah not sure if anyone else picks up Channel 3....
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Channel 9 News have a story Monday about the TEG and the new digital equipment they are using.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Dam nachoman- You beat me to it haha!
I saw the ads on channel nine for the story too, Looks interesting.. :)
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Cheers for the heads up nachoman and Jo.

Thx :wink:

Tom