Traffic Enforcement Group

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

G'day Fozzy,

I think that 100 vehicle thing was the Commish wants to replace 100 unmarked cars with an additional 100 marked vehicles when the get changed over.

I think it's something to do with increasing police presence.

cheers

Tom
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

On the subject of shortages, their is some roster trial in the Mirrabooka district happening.

From what I can work out it invloves sending any available unit to any jobs in their patch.

Eg as I've heard sending ZS102 from Scarborough to a domestic in Bayswater!!

Funny thing is Scarborough don't seem to have an arvo or a night shift vehicle out on Monday nights! So VKI keeps dragging Morley, ZM, ZI and UQ cars into their area to cover jobs.

If Scarborough one of the busiest stations in the metro area can't put out at least one they must be extremely short of officers.

Although saying this I've heard multiple ZS cars out on day-shifts of recent.

cheers

Tom
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Oh okay.

It was my understanding it was 50 replacements and 50 new vehicles.

Scott
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Howdy all,

Well I know this is going to be a bit of a turn but I think Traffic Police are just as important if not more than General Duties Police.

Realistically the WA Police have a responsibility to respond to road safety issues; in WA this is a huge problem that has been ignored for too long.

If some people have a problem with revenue raising then don’t bloody speed, wear your seatbelt and drive safely.

I work in a Road Safety Compliance role and unfortunately see first hand what happens when people don’t obey the road rules.

I think TEG should have as many officers as they can get, like other things, once they start getting less infringements and the public start complying with the road rules then they will sent he resources somewhere else.

Realistically Police Officers have a responsibility to respond to call for assistance, as we all know VKI have a priority system as in a 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Whether Police are driving a TEG car or a Detectives car they will still respond when required.

Just my two cents........

Cheers
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Essentially the more traffic police means more General Duties Police will become available. Not only because A) General Duties Police don't have to worry about watching traffic as much but B) There will hopefully be less TA's that the General Duty Police have to attend to.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

orac68 wrote:I agree. I am so sick of some of the idiots on the road. I would love to help them out.

I acquired a radar some time ago that I use at most of the local car rally’s. Some of the speeds I have detected cars at are mind blowing :( One example was about 1am on Ocean reef road in a 70 zone, a loan car passed me doing 145kp/h.

Have to laugh but it annoys the HELL out of the ones with radar detectors :P
Orac, maybe one weekend we can sit in my White VY commodore with the windows down, Pointing that Radar Gun..... Im sure that would scare a few people into slowing down as they HOONED past @ 155k's....
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I just caught a quick glimspe of something on the news about a plan to increase traffic fines.

This is a proposal coming from the bloke who wanted to reduce surburban speed-limits to 30km/h!! :roll:

Revenue raising-DEFINATELY!! Someones gotta pay for the Southern Suburbs Railway blow-outs and it might as well be US!!

More TEG's car equals more cash-$$$ in the goverments coffers..

cheers

Tom
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Tom wrote:I just caught a quick glimspe of something on the news about a plan to increase traffic fines.

This is a proposal coming from the bloke who wanted to reduce surburban speed-limits to 30km/h!! :roll:

Revenue raising-DEFINATELY!! Someones gotta pay for the Southern Suburbs Railway blow-outs and it might as well be US!!

More TEG's car equals more cash-$$$ in the goverments coffers..

cheers

Tom
Well lets all do the right thing for the next month and have them REALY screaming :lol:
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I dont get this whole theing about revenue raising, I get told it every day at work.

You make a decision to speed, if you get caught then you pay the price. If you dont speed then you dont have to worry about it at all.

I think they should double the fines for speeding and other traffic related offences, People really dont seem to care if they lose their licence for three months throught demerit point suspension.

You need to hit people in thier hip pocket so they start to listen.

:x :x :x :?: :?:
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

here,here.Be thankful your not in the east their fines are a lot worse.WA drivers have had it good for far to long.time to get stuff.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Would be good if WAPOL operated to Australian Standards. Aust Standards allow 10% error margin on speedometers 60/66 or 110/122 given 10% factor, WAPOL don't have there Radars aor Lasers calibrated to Australian Standards as they state in court documents, there is only one person with the relevant accreditation for these in WA an he is not used, the WAPOL calibrations are actually done by an unacreditted company. A traffic inspector admitted this in the media about 6 months ago when challenged by the media.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Maybe people should check their speedo and do 110 in a 110 zone and 60 in a 60 zone.

If the Police werent complying then they would lose in court, they dont lose in court that much so I guess they're doing the right thing.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

So Dazla your trying to tell us that you NEVER ever exceed the speed-limit??

Tom
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Nope I dont............see my driving record to prove that.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra