TEG use new tactics

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

TEG use new tactics

Post by ConstableCare »

Seems our friends in the TEG - Traffic Enforcement Group - are utilising new tactics to catch their prey.

Observed last night along Kwinana Fwy Southbound in the Roadworks Area - varying speed limits 60-80km/h - an unmarked VZ Commodore with "stuffed toys" across the back parcel shelf (in between the LED Lights) and a Marked HWP M/Cycle.

NO Radar was being used. VZ Commodore (with the M/Cycle riding his bumper) sat in offending vehicles blindspot for approx 1km measuring offenders speed before the VZ shot in front of the offending car with lights and siren on and the M/Cycle pulled in behind the car effectively "boxing them in".

No callsigns of the vehciles conducting the op :(

Interesting!

You have all been warned :lol:

Cheers, CC
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Sneaky buggers arn't they :lol: Looks like we all have to take extreme care on that area, but where these tactics really need to be enforced and thats Southbound on the Freeway approaching the Narrows Bridge where the limit is 60 around the curves (Roadworks are located) A blitz really is needed on a Friday/Saturday night.....I myself had a car behind me doing at least 110km/hr almost lost it around the bend almost hitting me on Sunday night....so perhaps an idea to the TEG boys/and girls. :wink:
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Yeah in some way I agree wuth you Mr G, but the Kwinana Fwy is a joke at the moment, the speed limit goes up and down like a yo-yo on heat. It's no wonder people get inpatient.

Logically if Main Roads just made the speed limit say 70 instead of fluctuating between 60-80km/h, life would be so much easier and pisses me off to the max when they have reduced speed-limits in force when nobody is working in th first place!!

That's assuming Main Roads/WARP/ATM can make sure the speed limit signs on both sides of the freeway are equal. :lol:

I saw that on the Gt Eastern Hwy on the way out to Toodyay via Wundowie last week, on the left side of the road the sign said 50km/h and on the right side it said 80km/h.

It's no wonder people are taking their infrigements to court and winning, although I understand WAPOL aren't the cause of these 'cock-ups'.

Just my 2cents worth.

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tom wrote:Yeah in some way I agree wuth you Mr G, but the Kwinana Fwy is a joke at the moment, the speed limit goes up and down like a yo-yo on heat. It's no wonder people get inpatient.

Logically if Main Roads just made the speed limit say 70 instead of fluctuating between 60-80km/h, life would be so much easier and pisses me off to the max when they have reduced speed-limits in force when nobody is working in th first place!!

That's assuming Main Roads/WARP/ATM can make sure the speed limit signs on both sides of the freeway are equal. :lol:

I saw that on the Gt Eastern Hwy on the way out to Toodyay via Wundowie last week, on the left side of the road the sign said 50km/h and on the right side it said 80km/h.

It's no wonder people are taking their infrigements to court and winning, although I understand WAPOL aren't the cause of these 'cock-ups'.

Just my 2cents worth.

Tom
Mate - I hear you - 100% - I totally understand and you make perfect sense - Nothing to do with WAPOL being at fault - like you said - Definatley WATP/ATM group who have been given the decision to "MAKE" the speed limits....
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

Yes, but police are targeting easy things like these roadworks at the moment.. Prob cos it's an easy way to improove numbers... What are the gonna do when the works finnish??? Results are gonna be pretty shitty.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I would hate to be a roadworker with dropkicks doing 110 in a 60 zone... especially with gravel areas which could get wet. A 1 tonne car hitting you at 110km/h really would stuff up your day.
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

What are the gonna do when the works finnish???

They'll go to the next place where idiots keep speeding.
Kiss Me I'm Irish
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

WPXZBP wrote:I would hate to be a roadworker with dropkicks doing 110 in a 60 zone... especially with gravel areas which could get wet. A 1 tonne car hitting you at 110km/h really would stuff up your day.

This I Understand, BUT - Why have 60 zones, when there are no workers? Is it so Hard to Turn around the signs that say 60, to 80? When the workers are finished for the day... That would make sense, I feel like such an IDIOT doing 60k's through those zones coz Im the ONLY one, BUT, Im a law byding citizen, and CANT afford to lose any points because I want to join the force... It makes me so mad when people HOON past @ 90k's and ABUSE ME coz im doing the speed!!!

Crazyness
A!