polair 61 is back

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

brad_88

polair 61 is back

Post by brad_88 »

hey guys today i heard, and saw it back in the skies today over henderson, flew over twice, felt like sharing it with yas lol
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Funny as I was about to make a comment about a story on the news... Talking about the Easter Weekend traffic heading south and the fact that the police would be monitoring the situation. As they were saying this obvious footage of the chopper was being shown.

Got me wondering if it was A: Back?... B: just misleading footage?

guess I have the answer :lol:

marto
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

ZO100_marto wrote:
B: just misleading footage?

guess I have the answer :lol:
They like to call it "File Vision" lol :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Roger Brad,

I SAW - It flew low level twice over South Perth Foreshore on my morning run around - 7:10am....

And i also have some news, just in case your not Aviation Freaks like me - being a student pilot and all..... The POLICE AIRSUPPORT WING is moving Next Door to my Flight School - The Aeroplane Company!!!

All Staff and Students of our flight school are allowed to go and check the aircraft out at there own lesuire, I am so going to take heaps of photos for you's all - Please excuse the sense of excitement :oops: heh heh

Anyways - Great to have POLAIR 61 back... :D :lol:
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Mr G,

Any chance of some shots of TF102 then??

cheers

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tom wrote:Mr G,

Any chance of some shots of TF102 then??

cheers

Tom
Who's TF-102 Tom? - But yeah if i see them i will try my absolute best - please let me know
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Police airwing have a VY wagon TF102, but it doesn't have a light-bar so it's looks a bit unusual.

I saw it parked out-front of Police HQ a couple of weeks back but was unable to stop.

I'd imagine they'd also have a couple more vehicles at Jandakot.

rgds

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tom wrote:Police airwing have a VY wagon TF102, but it doesn't have a light-bar so it's looks a bit unusual.

I saw it parked out-front of Police HQ a couple of weeks back but was unable to stop.

I'd imagine they'd also have a couple more vehicles at Jandakot.

rgds

Tom
Roger that Tom, i will do my absolute best to take pics - including the Air Wing Fleet - and will let u know and pass them on :wink:
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

just heard polair 61 on perth channel.WELCOME BACK!!
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Saw it last night, looks and sounds fantastic, the lights look much brighter too, dont know if the new tail lights (running lights) are LED but they were really bright, quite distinctive even from a fai distance away. It almost looked as thought they were out for a play cause the were shining the night sun everywhere. lol
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi guys, first day back after easter - just to report that Polair 61 was involved in a very intense search of 2 POI's - in Belmont Race Course - i didn't hear what happened earlier - it must of been a chase from Orrong Rd Welshpool - onto Graham Farmer Fwy....

The POI's dumped their car into the swamp area inside the Belmont Race course - again sorry couldn't get any callsigns :oops: - but Polair was asked to use FLIR to track the two POI's - very intense search - one female POI apprehended hiding underneath some bush.

Does anyone know of the outcome on this?

Cheers
Mr G
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Why didnt you get POLAIR61 when it did a display at RAAf Pearce airshow last year, would have been much better, also they dropped TRG officers from the chopper.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

wascanner wrote:Why didnt you get POLAIR61 when it did a display at RAAf Pearce airshow last year, would have been much better, also they dropped TRG officers from the chopper.
Hmm - maybe because I had to work on that specific week :roll:
SOE digital
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SOE digital »

Just had Polair61 hovering above my house :)
Was 'attending' an assault at Murdoch University I think.
Kiss Me I'm Irish