Under Cover OPs on CH9

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

orac68

Under Cover OPs on CH9

Post by orac68 »

Seems to be a under cover op happening on CH9 and may have digital radio comms going on as well 1 way. Over herd on one conversation how’s the radio sound and replied GOOD. Anyone else been listening in?

Keith
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Hi Orac68,

Yep I heard them on Ch.9 too, I think they might still be on there now actually.
I don't think it was anything too serious, sounded more like casual talk and mucking around- I heard one of them meowing like a cat and some others having a chuckle..Lol

Jo :)
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

if any one rembers the good old days ch 9 was V (victor) vechiles ch vice squad and other tasking these days it is run by R.O.G (uq vechiles )(regional operations group )
thats who ya would have heard
orac68

Ch 9

Post by orac68 »

I have herd some undercover ops on there before drug busts and that sort of thing. I was actualy more interested in the digital transmissions on the channel :) Has anyone noticed any happening as of yet?
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

the digital stuff will be going over a 500 mhz freq
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

frankstowing wrote:the digital stuff will be going over a 500 mhz freq
That's right.

Some cars have analogue encryption that runs on the existing channels. Usually sounds like a rush of noise (like the squelch is off) with a high-pitched whistle at the end.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

i think you will find that squelch noise is actully trg with dvp (digital voice protect ) for example ch 15 traing ops ch and you ill here that on ch 9 too for drug raids major ones
orac68

Thanks

Post by orac68 »

Thanks guys that answers a few questions :)
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Do ROG talk to each other on CH9, ie let each other know what is happening.

I notice that some of the K9 vehilces had a radio permantly on scan and another radio they used to talk to VKI.

That way they know whats going on around Perth as well as being able to speak to VKI on one channel.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

ROGS DO THE SAME BUT THEY ALSO MONITOR 9 AND CH 3
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Could it of had something to do with Van Tongeren getting aressted on the same night. The meowing noise could of been the police making fun of him becaause he is Asian and asia some asians have been knowen to eat cats alought its a certain breed of cat that they eat. I am not trying to be racist by saying the cat thing its just a thought. It all ties in with that.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Donga wrote:Could it of had something to do with Van Tongeren getting aressted on the same night. The meowing noise could of been the police making fun of him becaause he is Asian and asia some asians have been knowen to eat cats alought its a certain breed of cat that they eat. I am not trying to be racist by saying the cat thing its just a thought. It all ties in with that.
:shock:
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Donga wrote:Could it of had something to do with Van Tongeren getting aressted on the same night. The meowing noise could of been the police making fun of him becaause he is Asian and asia some asians have been knowen to eat cats alought its a certain breed of cat that they eat. I am not trying to be racist by saying the cat thing its just a thought. It all ties in with that.
And with that dribble it should have remained one.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Erm... :| :?:
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

So is it worth listening to this channel to see whats going on around town?

Do the MIGS have a channel that they chat to each other on, it seems that if a pursuit occurs on Channel 12 a couple of MIG's just turn up out of nowhere. which is a good thing.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra