police boat

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

brad_88

police boat

Post by brad_88 »

hey guys i was at work the other day, and the place im working at is right next door to where the police boats are kept and repaired. i took a photo off my phone of one of the ones that was either just getting built or repaired. for those who want to have a squiz Image
i hope it works haha im not sure what the callsign is but on the hull at the front it says, WP23, but this is a bit strange cause the other boat is delphinus according to the spread sheet, but i dont no hey sorry bout the quality
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I don't know too much about the boats either, and i've never heard them on air.

One would guess that it stands for Water Police 23.

Reminds me of watching water rats late at night on channel 9... "VKC TO SYDNEY WATER POLICE, ARE YOU THERE JACK?"

:)
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

I hadn't heard of the WA Police getting a new boat. It might be a police boat from another state: WA shipbuilding companies often successfully tender for work for other police services.

If it is for the WA Police: good stuff - it's a top looking vessel!
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

there are 2 identical ones like that as well, that are tied up at seperate docks. seen one of them driving on 2 different days, might of been a test not sure
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I heard a rumour that we are to get an ex water police boat from NSW once they take delivery of the 6 new ones being built here by astal ships...

I also recently heard one of the boats on channel late at night (fri i think) the callsign was ____? Whiskey 102, cant say for sure but i thought VKI was calling Tango Whiskey...

They were retrieving something in the water from under the Canning Bridge while VP101 (Palmyra) was on the bank watching/waiting...
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Where is the picture of the boat?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

westernwedgey wrote: I also recently heard one of the boats on channel late at night (fri i think) the callsign was ____? Whiskey 102, cant say for sure but i thought VKI was calling Tango Whiskey...
Yes Water Police is TW. I'm pretty sure its TW151, TW152 etc for the boats, and TW10x for their vehicles