Secureforce want 'priority' status

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Our I.C.G. (Incident Control group) Officers are trained and / or certified for:

• Traffic Control

• Infringement Issue

Advanced / Emergency Driving
• Customer Service

• First Response

• Certificate II and III in Security (Operations)

Speed Gun Operation

Breath Testing

This Was Copied From the Secureforce webpage. . . He REALLY Thinks He's A copper...
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Trained by whom? Certified by whom? Certifiable?

I could be trained in emergency driving by my grandmother but that doesn't allow me to drive in emergency conditions.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:Secureforce getting priority status? One word... LAUGHABLE!

They are not involved in life-threatening situations - the Police, Ambos and Firies do. I understand why Western Power need it and fully support it. I'm not sure that the SES are allowed to drive priority and, if they do, I'm not convinced they deserve it.
It's strange.. all of a sudden a heap of SES appliances up this way had their reds changed to red/blue and sirens fitted, however, as far as I'm aware, they arent allowed to use the sirens.

In some outlying areas they are primary response to Road Rescue, so they do have authority to use them in those instances.. perhaps it was all about standardising the fleet?
WPXZBP wrote: BTW - FESA's policy - if you're a P-Plater or don't have the old B-class licence (now MR class I think) you not allowed to be driving any of their appliances under lights and sirens. As I don't have the "B-class" I don't drive priority.
That's a bit rough, really - would have thought they would allow you to drive a light tanker under those conditions (besides P-platers, of course).

Is this a local brigade or region policy? I know down this way, people with only normal car licenses drive the FRS Vol Light Tankers under emergency conditions. The policy certainly does not apply to Bushfire Brigades either.. that all comes down to local rules (with us, you need to have completed a nationally recognized course).
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

The only metroplolitan SES vehicles with Blue and Red lights would be those units with Cliff Rescue response, but i have never heard of them evr doing a priority driving, Im pretty sure that they still must obey all road laws and speed limits. The lights are there for added leverage i guess would be the right think to say....but in my 7 yrs of experiance i have never ever herd of a SES vehicle being required for a emergency response that even warrants the use of thier lights.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote: It's strange.. all of a sudden a heap of SES appliances up this way had their reds changed to red/blue and sirens fitted, however, as far as I'm aware, they arent allowed to use the sirens.

In some outlying areas they are primary response to Road Rescue, so they do have authority to use them in those instances.. perhaps it was all about standardising the fleet?
I concur - any time SES are required for endangered-life situations they should use them. (eg SES Boddington and Trayning with road rescue role.)

When FESA came into being SES were granted permission to use both red and blue beacons.
Fastlane wrote: That's a bit rough, really - would have thought they would allow you to drive a light tanker under those conditions (besides P-platers, of course).

Is this a local brigade or region policy? I know down this way, people with only normal car licenses drive the FRS Vol Light Tankers under emergency conditions. The policy certainly does not apply to Bushfire Brigades either.. that all comes down to local rules (with us, you need to have completed a nationally recognized course).
According to my Area Manager, present Captain of the local FRS Brigade and two former Captains, this is FESA policy.

Despite this, checking Driving Emergency Vehicles SOP 37: "Fire Service Requirements: It is essential that personnel that drive emergency vehicles have:

- a current national endorsement driver's license to drive the equivalent class of vehicle, and
- undertaken an approved Fire Services on road and off road emergency driving course."

These are to be used in conjunction with SOPs 36 (Road Traffic Code) and 40 (Driver responsibilities)
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Antt wrote:but in my 7 yrs of experiance i have never ever herd of a SES vehicle being required for a emergency response that even warrants the use of thier lights.
I know SES have used lights a handful of times. Not sirens though.

The lights are useful when you need to get through traffic to get to debris on the road, say a tree across the road. But that's about it really, the occasional need to get around/through banked up traffic to the cause of the problem. But the old orange light could do that too, though red and blue are certainly more effective.

Otherwise the lights and sirens are there 'just in case'.

As for secureforce getting them, I hope not, I imagine there would be a number of gung-ho secureforce personel out there.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

WPXZBP wrote:Trained by whom? Certified by whom? Certifiable?

I could be trained in emergency driving by my grandmother but that doesn't allow me to drive in emergency conditions.
According to the Sucureforce website they do there own emergancy driving training. I dont know if it would be Certified or you get a certificate. Its only a 1 day course. Its under there training section. They havent got any scheduled yet.
JG901

Does anyone remember the Burgundy/Shangai Mica VY I Acclaim

Post by JG901 »

Speaking of Burgundy/Shangai Mica VY I Acclaim I had a young bloke claim to be a police officer at a service station i was in. He took off to persue a vechicle that had done a drive off! just thought I would share that on. ( happened in september 2005 )

But secureforece....
. HA I dont think so to priority response!
gkoutlis

Re: Does anyone remember the Burgundy/Shangai Mica VY I Accl

Post by gkoutlis »

JG901 wrote:Speaking of Burgundy/Shangai Mica VY I Acclaim I had a young bloke claim to be a police officer at a service station i was in. He took off to persue a vechicle that had done a drive off! just thought I would share that on. ( happened in september 2005 )

But secureforece....
. HA I dont think so to priority response!
Heh heh - Which Servo was this???
Bundy
Amateur callsign: VK6FABD

Secure force

Post by Bundy »

Gday all,

I work as a bus driver on the transperth system and Im also a FESA volunteer (SES and BFS).

Someone in one of the threads said along the lines that Driving around with flashing lights and sirens doesnt make you bullet proof, couldnt agree more.
I have done an emergency vehicle driving course and I know this doesnt make me invincible if anything theres a huge responsibility on me when driving to incidents under fire call conditions.

The thought of secureforce driving around with lights and sirens scares me. Id go as far as to say that some of the guards would create more problems than they solve.

Whenever there has been a serious incident on the buses the police do respond priority, I dont know what is gonna be gained by them flying around with flashing lights.
One of my passengers commented once that "They really are rent a cops"
I can tell you a few stories about some of these guards that are real gung ho, and in fairness too there are some good blokes who do a great job and dont try and play police man.
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

welcome mate. yeh ive seen a few securtiy guards around, ive sort of noticed that most of the older ones are the most decent ones. theyre usually more laid back and can control situations a bit better but i dont no thats just wat ive noticed around rocko haha the scumhole it is
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Last night I was in Beafort St in North Perth, an Ambulance came through the intersection facing a red light so natrurally it was a crawling speed.

With all the flashing lights on their nifty light bar plus side LED'sand a wailing siren, a car still went though the light, skidding to a stop half way thorugh the intersection.

Fortunatly the Ambulance Officer had seen him coming and had hit the anchors, avoiding what would have been a nasty collision.

It reminded me that main thing about Emergency Driving is concerntration, without it you are a danger on the road.

I take my hat off the St John Crews, they do a strilling job..... :D
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »