False alarm on Ch21

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Bonez

False alarm on Ch21

Post by Bonez »

Did anyone hear what happened at about 10:50pm tonight on Ch21?

There was supposibly a 309 (rape in progress) in Scarborough, and they sent 2 vehicles Priority 2 as well as about 3-4 other vehicles normal priority, got to the address and it turns out that the people were just watching a movie and there was a pretty violent rape scene in the movie, and it was turned up quite loud. The neighbour had heard a woman screaming rape and called the police.

hahaha it was funny :)
hitman

Post by hitman »

You find that funny?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

hitman wrote:You find that funny?
I myself wouldn't find it funny even if it was a joke ......hmmm :roll:
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Well yeah, I did find it funny in this situation. Obviously if it was a real crime then it would be completely far from funny, but it's just the fact that the police were attending as a matter of urgency, only to get there and find out that someone was watching a loud movie... I think the movie was Wolf Creek.

I'm sure they probably had a chuckle amongst themselves as well. (and were somewhat relieved)
frankstowing

false alarm

Post by frankstowing »

hey it is a bit funny yes but at least the police and neighbours were doing there job
Bonez

Re: false alarm

Post by Bonez »

frankstowing wrote:hey it is a bit funny yes but at least the police and neighbours were doing there job
Of course, and I don't doubt that at all - never did.

I'm thinking more along the lines of "if I were a police officer" it would have been a bit of a funny incident, it would have got my adrenolin running high knowing that I was on the way to a high priority job and maybe a few quiet laughs with a collegue after speaking to the person who opened the door after realising exactly what happened.

I praise the community and the police (most of the time) for what they do and how long it takes to respond... in all my dealings with the police i've never had bad service from them... In general I think we have a pretty good force in WA...some may disagree but I don't.