The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Are the streets around Subi oval the jurisdiction of MRWA? I thought they would have been council managed.

Now:
ceeses wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Who does the traffic enforcement [beside WAPOL] round subiaco on special events i.e road closures

they are shocking!

i.e road closures
If the police are cautioning/booking the traffic controllers at the events, then the police are enforcing the traffic rules while the contractors are controlling the traffic.

So if someone asks "Who does the traffic enforcement [beside WAPOL] round subiaco on special events i.e road closures they are shocking!" then they are still asking who enforces the traffic rules at the road closures.
jasonjag
Banned

Control

Post by jasonjag »

Toottoot wrote:Are the streets around Subi oval the jurisdiction of MRWA? I thought they would have been council managed.
All Roads come under MRWA, then sub to the local council, ie, if a road around subi oval needs to be detoured, local council need to apply to MRWA with thier plan then engage a traffic control company to carry out the work, local council can carry out minor road detours, ie if they were replacing a storm dran and close off one lane,,,,,but road blocks and detours are different., they still then need to engage a contractor, but on the other hand, City of Stirling is one have their own traffic control team, but still need to apply to MRWA 1st,
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Control

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Are the streets around Subi oval the jurisdiction of MRWA? I thought they would have been council managed.
All Roads come under MRWA, then sub to the local council, ie, if a road around subi oval needs to be detoured, local council need to apply to MRWA with thier plan then engage a traffic control company to carry out the work, local council can carry out minor road detours, ie if they were replacing a storm dran and close off one lane,,,,,but road blocks and detours are different., they still then need to engage a contractor, but on the other hand, City of Stirling is one have their own traffic control team, but still need to apply to MRWA 1st,
Do you have a source jasonjag? I was under the impression that the traffic control plans we get done at work only have to be submitted to local council - unless the road is under control of MRWA (ie larger arterial roads and highways).

I remember the old system where if you do road works you have to notify all emergency services also.
Last edited by Toottoot on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Now:
ceeses wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Who does the traffic enforcement [beside WAPOL] round subiaco on special events i.e road closures

they are shocking!

i.e road closures
If the police are cautioning/booking the traffic controllers at the events, then the police are enforcing the traffic rules while the contractors are controlling the traffic.

So if someone asks "Who does the traffic enforcement [beside WAPOL] round subiaco on special events i.e road closures they are shocking!" then they are still asking who enforces the traffic rules at the road closures.
jasonjag
Banned

correct

Post by jasonjag »

Now:
ceeses wrote:

they are shocking!

i.e road closures

This is correct....If the police are cautioning/booking the traffic controllers at the events, then the police are enforcing the traffic rules while the contractors are controlling the traffic. but are you saying the police are infringing the traffic controllers ??
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Someone pointed out that the police were chatting the contractors so they may have been issuing infringements to the traffic controllers or they may have been merely cautions.
Q4004
Location: Waiting for frequencie info on Transport in Western Australia

Re: correct

Post by Q4004 »

jasonjag wrote:

Now:
ceeses wrote:

This is correct....If the police are cautioning/booking the traffic controllers at the events, then the police are enforcing the traffic rules while the contractors are controlling the traffic. but are you saying the police are infringing the traffic controllers ??
The Police Block off All Streets that go from Hay Street to Roberts Road that directly look at Subiaco Oval to manage the crowds.Police do the traffic at Subiaco Oval on the road
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I've seen WARP - do the road closures with Traffic cones etc - Police are there for Traffic control partly - along with the Rangers - But I am sure from being on duty many times there that WARP - do the traffic stuff their not WAPOL
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: correct

Post by written_ficton »

Q4004 wrote:
jasonjag wrote:

Now:

The Police Block off All Streets that go from Hay Street to Roberts Road that directly look at Subiaco Oval to manage the crowds.Police do the traffic at Subiaco Oval on the road
No they dont, thats why I asked the question. There is a company who actually close's the streets to the ovel / secondary roads.

The police are there for crowd control - support
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Traffic crash leaves two in serious condition

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 216332.htm
... a sedan which skidded for 130 metres before hitting a power pole ...

:shock: Low level flying?
yorky

Post by yorky »

This also knocked power out to Caramar including the TCL's of a nearby intersection right after the completion of the Joondalup Festival.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

WPXZBP wrote:
... a sedan which skidded for 130 metres before hitting a power pole ...

:shock: Low level flying?
must of been going pretty quick :?
just a quick observation on my behalf :wink:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Smithy wrote:must of been going pretty quick :?
just a quick observation on my behalf :wink:
Based on the info from the article and an assumption that the road surface friction coefficient is between 0.5 and 0.8, a rough calculation shows the car would be doing between 125 and 160 km/h.

{speed = square root of (30 x 426 feet x .8 friction coefficient) then times by 1.6 to convert to km/h}

http://accidentexpert.com/engr/skidart1-a.html
jasonjag
Banned

TA Concrete truck

Post by jasonjag »

A fully laden concrete mixer rounded out of Karrinyup Rd into Telford, Stirling and rolled, concrete all over rd, Truck write off, AZ202 & AZ203 attended, Council road sweepers, bobcat and 2 tippers to clean up, and 6 council workers leaning against brooms, heavy recovery haulage rolled it back and towed it way, see Ch 10 and 9 news. 1330pm
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: TA Concrete truck

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag wrote:A fully laden concrete mixer rounded out of Karrinyup Rd into Telford, Stirling and rolled, concrete all over rd, Truck write off, AZ202 & AZ203 attended, Council road sweepers, bobcat and 2 tippers to clean up, and 6 council workers leaning against brooms, heavy recovery haulage rolled it back and towed it way, see Ch 10 and 9 news. 1330pm
Council workers eh..... whats new