Holdens / Fords ?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

danny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by danny »

snapperv10 wrote:From the info I have heard the Police stopped using the Falcons when the BA was released as the 'new' gearbox in them wouldn't last too long under such conditions....
Actually it was because the Falcon 4 speed gear box had a different shift pattern than what we were trained in, and memory retention will always come into play when your putting the car through its paces.

The Fords/Commodores always had the 4 speed box and to slow down through engine braking you would pull it down to 2nd, however when the BA falcon got released it was the opposite, to slow down and use engine braking you would push the shifter up whilst in sports mode, which mearnt that instead of thinking you were pulling the shifter down to slow down you were in fact selecting a higher gear....

Anyway all good now, the BF 6 speed box is awesome :twisted:
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

danny wrote:
snapperv10 wrote:From the info I have heard the Police stopped using the Falcons when the BA was released as the 'new' gearbox in them wouldn't last too long under such conditions....
Actually it was because the Falcon 4 speed gear box had a different shift pattern than what we were trained in, and memory retention will always come into play when your putting the car through its paces.

The Fords/Commodores always had the 4 speed box and to slow down through engine braking you would pull it down to 2nd, however when the BA falcon got released it was the opposite, to slow down and use engine braking you would push the shifter up whilst in sports mode, which mearnt that instead of thinking you were pulling the shifter down to slow down you were in fact selecting a higher gear....

Anyway all good now, the BF 6 speed box is awesome :twisted:
So do you use the sequential shift all the time? or only when driving fast lol
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short