The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

jasonjag wrote:
Toottoot wrote:
Clontarf[X] wrote:Exactly. Some people just aren't experienced enough with long distance, rural driving so it's inevitable there will be injuries and sometimes unfortunately death.

Consolences to those that have lost loved ones.

Case in point I just spent 4 days camping in Collie, and the driver behaviour I saw going both ways (overtaking on double white, speeding, not driving with headlights on in rural areas). Bit worrying really.
Inexperienced or care factor issue?
As "Clontarf" quoted, its always the city people on country roads who are the inexperienced for long driving and lack qualifying experience. every Public Holiday, Xmas and Easter, its the same, too many accidents and Deaths. for gods sake , SLOW DOWN.. AS I see in my work, drivers dont STOP at stop signs all over metro area, speed, cross solid lines, all with the attitude, It wont happen to me.
Agreed, having come from the country and being able to do 2 days of solid driving from Albany to Leinster, now I wouldn't be able to do that like I did then, and I realise that because usually the longest I drive for is half an hour to SES, or maybe 3/4 of an hour to a hour to a mate in Wanneroo, that is not long distance driving!
There are a number of stop signs that everytime I reach I keep hoping against hope to see a couple of patrol cars down each side of the road, with a M/Bike opposite providing the rego's of cars to pull over for failed to stop! I have seen Police opposite the stop sign at the end of Carcoola St in Nollamara and they also watch the Main St stop sign. But they need to watch Water St X James St (by the Woodbridge pub); Military road X Bushmead. A pity Midland has been struggling with numbers a bit.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

A 215 - Great Eastern Hwy and Roe Hwy round 5:50am - not sure what was involved - sounded serious..
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

4 car TA

Post by jasonjag »

A 4 car TA at Mirrabooka shops in Yirrigan drve at 2.30pm
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

stopped at a mva tonight on way from motor plex while we was treating the pt police pulls up with a a tv crew..... would they be for program the force?
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
jasonjag
Banned

MC bites the road

Post by jasonjag »

MC just came a cropper at Wordsworth x Alexander Dve, Dianella , injured, 2 cars P2. Got a flat tyre and lost control.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

munchkin1981 wrote:stopped at a mva tonight on way from motor plex while we was treating the pt police pulls up with a a tv crew..... would they be for program the force?

was that the crash on Warton Road X Armadale Rd? If so were you the 'Nurse on scene' i heard VKI saying?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

yes that was the accident but no i wasn't the nurse i was in the sja first aid post and it was a dr from armadale hospital at the scene
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Their was a TA on Albany HWY Gosnells today, 2 tonne truck on it's side 2 ambulances and several fire crews. Three cars and one truck involved. Police blocked south bound lanes (detour) and western power was out there also

Didn't have my camera on me :(

Apparently a towy called in a job that was on Gosnells Road West and it was a false report so the firies attending the original scene got pissed off at the towy for giving false information and wasting their time
jasonjag
Banned

Hookies

Post by jasonjag »

Ausrob wrote:Their was a TA on Albany HWY Gosnells today, 2 tonne truck on it's side 2 ambulances and several fire crews. Three cars and one truck involved. Police blocked south bound lanes (detour) and western power was out there also

Didn't have my camera on me :(

Apparently a towy called in a job that was on Gosnells Road West and it was a false report so the firies attending the original scene got pissed off at the towy for giving false information and wasting their time
I know a few hookies that should not be licenced to be on the road, they ruin it for the good ones.
jasonjag
Banned

3 car TA

Post by jasonjag »

just heard on Ch 21 , 3 car TA at Gwellup.
Markmywords

Re: Hookies

Post by Markmywords »

jasonjag wrote:
I know a few hookies that should not be licenced to be on the road, they ruin it for the good ones.
Like the towie who tried to convince a guy who put his car into a wall outside my place last week to just get his car towed home and he wont get done for DD n then told him to drink out of a garden hose n get water into his system :S
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

215 Rockingham rd x hope valley rd

Fesa/Sja on the way

VK612 come across the t/a
AV703 & AV704

*update now not as serious as first thought*
jasonjag
Banned

Re: Hookies

Post by jasonjag »

Markmywords wrote:
jasonjag wrote:
Like the towie who tried to convince a guy who put his car into a wall outside my place last week to just get his car towed home and he wont get done for DD n then told him to drink out of a garden hose n get water into his system :S
yes, i attended a TA one day where the hookie told the driver to say his brother was driving as he had no DL, the woman they hit heard this and told the police, he got his ears cut off by the coppers.
jasonjag
Banned

Ch 21 Car v Child

Post by jasonjag »

Ch 21, Car v Child in Morley 3.45pm Details unknown
eswife

Post by eswife »

Did anyone hear what happened at Maddington train station after 1pm today, saw tv camera there also chopper flying above. It was causing heaps of problems with traffic, as the boom gates were down on heaps of crossings...???