Spring Cleaning

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

nachoman, where did you take that pic of TE202??

Saw a couple yesterday arvo.

JC102 is a BA paddy wagon

Also saw a Subaru Forester wagon with 'Forensic Police' down the sides, didn't have a light-bar. Passed me on Oats Street in Carisle.

AG207 now has a new white rear bumper with no markings on whatsoever, presume it was where it got rammed in Kings Park a couple of weeks back.

Walks, what was the full story there? Seems a bit odd a Police car being chased????...

Got a night shot of VF101 in Freo last night, will post it soon.

cheers

Tom
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

--
Last edited by pinkbosseslady on Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

I thought this was the radio scanner users' forum and thus discussing what is 'heard' over the scanner, not discussing what pictures of police cars have been captured.

I believe there is another forum for cop chasers.

~e~
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Eidolon wrote:I thought this was the radio scanner users' forum and thus discussing what is 'heard' over the scanner, not discussing what pictures of police cars have been captured.

I believe there is another forum for cop chasers.

~e~
Nothing wrong with extending the "field" of this forum - It's what makes it a whole lot more interesting....its what people of this forum like to report on. - It's an expression of interest - :roll:
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

It looks like people are trying to 'extend the field' of their police car chasing skills and digital image capturing capabilities rather than their freedom of expression.

As mentioned before, there is 'another' forum for posting and discussing the pretty police cars. This forum is for discussion on what is received on the scanner.

I would try and take advantage of what you currently hear because it won't be available in the not-to-distant future.

~e~
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

See the thing is Eidolon, the last i knew was that Gav created this forum . If Gav doesnt like what is put on it, he'll tell us or delete it, and as u can see, he's allowed the pics and all the rest of it so we must be discussing the right stuff otherwise it wouldnt be on here.

what im tryin to say is that this forum hasnt been design purely to discuss what has been recieved on the scanner and if it was then Gav would have deleted or told us not to discuss the topics we discuss.

We are in the WA Police Service part of the forum, we can put pictures of police cars in it if we want and if its ok wit Gav and the crew, along wit what we hear on the scanner and anything that we need help with scanner wise.

We dont go cruising the streets tentionally to find and track police cars just so we can take pictures. We are not cop chasers otherwise the people who took photos of the appliances at the Joondalup fire would be fire appliance chasers! some of the members are police officers so how can they be cop chasers? Some of us are interested in cop cars, i know i am and presume many other people are too, we can take pictures of a cop car or a fire appliance or an ambulance if we want too.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

JG103 I am glad my posts have gathered thought and inspiration.

FYI, apart from knowing Gav personally, I am also in the service and do not spend my personal time talking about and taking pictures of police cars.

In this day and age, it might be wise not to disclose such detailed information about the WA Police fleet of which is available to anyone on this public forum.

Am I not allowed my own 'freedom of expression' ?

~e~
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

Haha im not even gonna get involved in this one, but

if you dont like what you read dont read it..

From Another Post By Eidolon
Trust me, I've been there and done that. ...

Not a cop chaser ai

Mirrabooka have a marked Magna Wagon and that BA falcon without the lightbar
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

U are, u have and so have i.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Wheatbelt police step up traffic enforcement.
"Five new, more powerful highway patrol vehicles will help make Wheatbelt roads safer this year
Police and Emergency Services Minister John D'Orazio announced that Jurien Bay would receive a new patrol vehicle next month, with Merredin and Gingin Police stations to receive patrol vehicles in August.
Northam police already have one new Holden SV6 vehicle and will receive another in the next few months."
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

nachoman wrote:Wheatbelt police step up traffic enforcement.
"Five new, more powerful highway patrol vehicles will help make Wheatbelt roads safer this year
Police and Emergency Services Minister John D'Orazio announced that Jurien Bay would receive a new patrol vehicle next month, with Merredin and Gingin Police stations to receive patrol vehicles in August.
Northam police already have one new Holden SV6 vehicle and will receive another in the next few months."
I'll get pix if I have a camera and come across them.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I am also in the service and do not spend my personal time talking about and taking pictures of police cars.
Good for you Eidolan, I struggle to see the relevance of this..It's interesting to know how you spend your personal time.

Gav has said on many occasions as long as we don't post rego's of cars their is no problems.......Personally I can't believe how popular this forum has become.

WPXZBP, always good to see your pics mate, did nearly 700kms in the country a few weeks back in the SV6 and never even saw one Highway Patrol, let along a GD's car. But it was a Sunday..

Northam's SV6 was one the news a few weeks back when that flooding was happening.

WAPOL seem to be going SV6 crazy at the moment.

cheers

Tom
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

When you're on a winner... stick with it Tom. :lol:
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Tom wrote:WAPOL seem to be going SV6 crazy at the moment.
Thats not a bad thing though :D
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Golf Charlie 111 GC111 is a holden rodeo (im sure its in the spread sheet) got a real good look at it tonight when it PULLED ME OVER!