Police Rail Unit

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

housemate

Police Rail Unit

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

They have been running operations over the last couple off nights down that way, i hear them on the normal channel down rocko way signing on and off etc
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

UQ20 sumthing.

police believe there drug traffic along the line
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I think there short off staff have been doing alot off advertising lately, you usually see 2 guards at murdoch station after 5pm im guessing they have them spread around.

I guess they cant be everywhere at once, i believe they are called special constables and do have powers off arrest.

Railway police have run special operations this week trying to catch taggers by the sounds off it.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Markmywords wrote:I think there short off staff have been doing alot off advertising lately, you usually see 2 guards at murdoch station after 5pm im guessing they have them spread around.

I guess they cant be everywhere at once, i believe they are called special constables and do have powers off arrest.

Railway police have run special operations this week trying to catch taggers by the sounds off it.
Normal transit guards have powers of arrest only on railway property.

Special constables, while only on duty, have the same power and immunities of Police - beyond powers of arrest.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Transit Officers have powers on ALL PTA and associated property. This includes railway stations, bus stations, bus stops, ferry terminals and anything attached to or associated with PTA property.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

dazla wrote:Transit Officers have powers on ALL PTA and associated property. This includes railway stations, bus stations, bus stops, ferry terminals and anything attached to or associated with PTA property.
Yeah, that's what I was meant to say.

:lol:
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

there are only a few special constables left...
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

There a more then you think, they are making more of them Special Constables....makes them more efficient.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

sorry but what's the difference between a constable, a special constable and a train guard...other than the title! (for all the mr. CPT. Obviouses amongst us :) )
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Tyranus wrote:sorry but what's the difference between a constable, a special constable and a train guard...other than the title! (for all the mr. CPT. Obviouses amongst us :) )
Not a lot.

Special constables can only be appointed by the Commissioner of Police, have a Police regimental, can arrest any person for committing any offence, power of arrest on suspicion, and power to stop and search people and vehicles.

I am led to believe that these powers only apply to when a Special Constable is actually on duty, as mentioned above, but I may be wrong - whereas sworn Police officers have these powers regardless of the time of day. As they say, a Police Officer is never really off duty.

A transit guard has full powers of arrest on PTA property, as mentioned above, when they witness an offence. I don't think they have the power to arrest on suspicion, they can stop and search on PTA property, can charge an offender for offences like providing false name and can verify people's identity, which I am led to believe they can do with a link they have with VKI (or something very similar). I am not entirely sure what the process is these days but initially, it was only supervisors within the Transit Guard unit who were able to access VKI (or something similar) for identity checks. It may still be like that but I am not 100%

Edit: I believe the above to be correct. If anyone wants to correct me then please do. There are bound to be Transit Guards and Police Officer's here who can verify this information or correct me.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

BLiNG wrote:
Tyranus wrote:sorry but what's the difference between a constable, a special constable and a train guard...other than the title! (for all the mr. CPT. Obviouses amongst us :) )
Not a lot.

Special constables can only be appointed by the Commissioner of Police, have a Police regimental, can arrest any person for committing any offence, power of arrest on suspicion, and power to stop and search people and vehicles.

I am led to believe that these powers only apply to when a Special Constable is actually on duty, as mentioned above, but I may be wrong - whereas sworn Police officers have these powers regardless of the time of day. As they say, a Police Officer is never really off duty.

A transit guard has full powers of arrest on PTA property, as mentioned above, when they witness an offence. I don't think they have the power to arrest on suspicion, they can stop and search on PTA property, can charge an offender for offences like providing false name and can verify people's identity, which I am led to believe they can do with a link they have with VKI (or something very similar). I am not entirely sure what the process is these days but initially, it was only supervisors within the Transit Guard unit who were able to access VKI (or something similar) for identity checks. It may still be like that but I am not 100%

Edit: I believe the above to be correct. If anyone wants to correct me then please do. There are bound to be Transit Guards and Police Officer's here who can verify this information or correct me.
Thanks bling it's true the amount of times you here off duty police officers calling things in, I think the only time they're on holiday is when they're out of mobile and radio range without anybody else out there other than family.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

housemate wrote:do they do plain cloths work like the coppers woul be interesting to know
Yes they do, have seen them on the Freo and Armadale line funnily enough :wink: :wink: