Career in VKI

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Always RX

Career in VKI

Post by Always RX »

Not that i am thinking of a job change anytime soon, but I am curious...how does one get a job in VKI?...What are the qualifications required?..what is the career path?..are they police officers or civvies?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

They advertised late last year. Applications closed Dec 18 from memory.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

They are a mix of both, Police Officers and Level 3 public servants.

I was actually offered a job in VKI last year but decided it wasnt really what I wanted to do. All you need is basically good communication skills, typing skills and ability to deal with emergency calls, no real qualifications are needed.

As for a career its pretty limited....apart from acting in technical areas you pretty much will be a radio operator/call taker and thats it. Unless your a Police Officer then you would do your 3 year rotation in VKI and would carry on as per normal operational requirements.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

There was an Ad in the paper for this recently like this year
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

pinkbosseslady wrote:There was an Ad in the paper for this recently like this year
Last year - applications closed 18/12/05. I was seriously tempted to apply but lack of time getting my CV together and Christmas prevented me doing it.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I did apply. Havent heard back yet but rumor has it there was over 100 applicants. I spose that takes alot of reading.

However i already work for WAPol so im not to worried if i miss out
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Good luck. :)
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Cheers