WA Police, Police Recruits

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Should the WA Police lower recruiting standards?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 12

dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

WA Police, Police Recruits

Post by dazla »

I am finding it quite alarming that the WA Police dont seem to be able to find suitable or enough recruits to fill squads.

There has been numerous interesting articals lately including in todays paper about it, as a current applicant I hope this goes in my favour but at the same time I dont think they should have to lower the standards.

What do you guys think?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
earmuff man

Post by earmuff man »

i think there fine.

when im old enough i will apply and hopefully get accepted (fingers crossed)

and all through high school i have used the standards as a guide, and im not the sharpest tool in the shed, but i have found it quite easy to exceed the standards.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

earmuff man wrote:when im old enough i will apply and hopefully get accepted (fingers crossed)
If you get the chance, grab a copy of today's West Australian and read the article in there since it will affect your application as a younger person...

What they're saying is that quite a few younger applicants are being screened out on the psychological testing because they don't have enough "life experience".

Perhaps this is one area that the Police can look at, it depends on if they're keen on younger recruits or if they're mainly trying to exclude them in favour of older applicants.

But of course it would be irresponsible of me to make a judgement on their screening processes as I know nothing about it in the first place ... :-)
earmuff man

Post by earmuff man »

Zebedee wrote:
earmuff man wrote:when im old enough i will apply and hopefully get accepted (fingers crossed)
If you get the chance, grab a copy of today's West Australian and read the article in there since it will affect your application as a younger person...

... :-)
yes i did read it infact.
and i brought up some memories. my distat relation is the son to clayton william (you might of heard about him) anyway he is quite young, he went very well in the written, interview etc. but he cannot pass the psychologial tests.

interesting...