Police Shooting Floreat Officer Stabbed

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

I believe they are Detectives if im not mistaken?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

BM,

CD= Major Incident Group (MIG's)

Generally CD cars consist of an experienced GD's copper (with a diverse background) and a Demon, hence when you see them crusing around one is in uniform and the other in smart business attire..

Nothing wrong with writing traffic infringements when deserved either. Better than being a 'qualified' desk-jockey or having an enormous chip of your shoulder.... :P

I believe they will have a display at the Joondalup Academy Open Day next month if your curious. Last time they had a video going with some awesome footage and the guys there were top fellas. :wink:
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

well i was mistaked, ill get used to all this police lingo one day :lol: and thanks Tom for the email :wink:
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

Brad Michau wrote:what is wrong with writing tickets wen your 40. someones got to do it. and what is a delta what do they do
MIG is a 24 hour rapid response unit to attend incidents of major crime and serious/high risk incidents.. Formerly known as 79 Division (hence the Delta callsign); they initially consisted of an experienced uniformed trafifc officer who had to be a pursuit qualified and a detective who had at least attained the rank of detective first class constable.. Having two experienced officers in the one (usually unmarked) vehicle over a revolving 24 hour shift for both north and south of the river; provided the less experienced officers in the metro and inner regional areas with advice and field leadership during the above mentioned emergency situations. Over the past ten years, especially with the dissolution of the Vehicle Crime Unit (who were drawn from the Division 79 reserve pool) they have been the ONLY squad capable of crossing district boundries in the constant engagement of serial car thieves and violent offenders..

It was widely known by car thieves and hardened criminals, if you were engaged by the black or dark blue Commodores (and now SV6's and Falcon XR6t's) with the twin aerials and smudged number plates, you were going to be caught, no matter what.. And it is still the case today with MIG responsible for engaging and capturing a sizeable amount of SMV's and serial offenders in this state..

So fellow users; those from LXXIX past and present have been usually at the pointy end of the stick, know what they're talking about & considered part of the elite of the WA Police..

Not my 5 cents worth, simple fact.. 8)
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
imacop

Post by imacop »

thanks for the explanation Whiskey1.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

You may notice that some messages that were in this thread are now gone.

Thanks to the forum member who did the right thing and alerted me to the problem posts by private message.

Replying to a problem post in a thread is not going to help, folks. It's only going to make things worse. And locking a thread just because people can't play nicely isn't the answer either. I'd much rather remove problem posts (and if it persists, that may include problem posters too), than deny everyone else their opportunity to continue a discussion in a resonable manner.

Let me be blunt - the mods and admins don't have the time to sit on the forum and watch everything that's going on to make sure that people aren't acting like spoilt children. I've had to spend my time (that I should be spending doing other things, like working!) cleaning up after other people and I'm not amused.

If anyone thinks that this is a cool place to come and cause trouble, then think again. This is not the place for you.

Regards,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Sounds good, sorry ZBD.

Perhaps one of the regular neutral posters here could be given 'modify' permissions only on the forum =P

Not trying to tell you how to run things of course.

Sif take the piss out of Walks. He's one scary mofo.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

What was wrong with my post, i was just backing up walks and asking kanye what his position is ???? Didnt see it as anything
imacop

Post by imacop »

Readers' Comments: Mum's grief at shooting - PerthNow

The Floreat shooting is still in the news. Good to hear back from the public about the other side.

Posted by: country copper's wife of WA 12:41pm January 21, 2007
While i feel for this man's mother and father i also feel for the police officer, who now has to live with his actions for the rest of his life. My husband is a police officer, we have a young family and we love and cherish him every day. He goes to work each day and attends to the worst of human nature, the things they see and deal with I could not do for love nor money and i challenge everyone out there who is thinking that the police have reacted harshly here to ask themselves if they could do their job day in day out? Mental illness is a factor here, but from the little i have read of the case, the officers didn't have time to establish this fact. If someone was coming at you with a knife, what would you do? think carefully about that for a split second! that is all the time the officer had. How different it was when the Karratha copper shot dead the scumbag who had killed two young women in Victoria, media couldn't stop singing his praises then. He had about as much time to decide him or me as Const Ferguson did, just his luck was better that day, his offender was a killer and Const Ferguson's wasn't - could you tell the difference?!

Posted by: Serving Police Officer of Perth 10:31am today
I am qualified to use and carry a stun gun but our training says if I am being run at with someone carrying a knife and I can't get out of the way then I use my fire-arm. This person stabbed the police officer I am pretty sure he would be in fear for his life his only option was lethal force. May I also say that the WA Police Executive have acted shamefully in this matter. When the incident in Karratha happened we all received, via internal emails, updates on the officer's welfare. What have we heard about this junior police officer? Nothing! If it wasn't for the media we would not even know his name. We do a hard job and for the arm-chair officers out there give it a go before telling us how we should have reacted.

I must agree in regards to Police updates to the shooting. I don't believe there have been any Broadcast emails about the welfare of the officer, but plenty explaining the new EBA.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

...and for the arm-chair officers out there give it a go before telling us how we should have reacted.
To me, that one simple sentence there, just about sums up all the carrying-on in the media etc...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
keltoc

Post by keltoc »

far out.
theres still talk of this?
i was one of the witnesses that day
i was at the skate park when he was there
:?
=D
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

No last post was in January... You bought it back up....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
keltoc

Post by keltoc »

haha
you serious
i didnt look at the dates
damn
=D
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

hahahahaha
lamo =P
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: ...

Post by jmmw »

keltoc wrote:far out.
theres still talk of this?
i was one of the witnesses that day
i was at the skate park when he was there
:?
Well obviously he only wanted to bring it up again by "accidently" bumping the thread so he could tell us he was a witness.