tazers

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

without sounding stupid, what would happen if you took a strong jump just before the tazer (or taser) hit you?
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

is the rumour true that recruits get tasered and sprayed in training?
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

We get sprayed, dont know about tazered.......they can stick that though!!! :)
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

something to look forward to if i get thru haha
FG103

Post by FG103 »

dazla wrote:We get sprayed, dont know about tazered.......they can stick that though!!! :)
They have stopped spraying recruits since the DEATS have joined because they have had too many of them being unable cope. I don't think anyone gets tasered even if you want to feel the effects they still wont do it.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

FG103 wrote:
dazla wrote:We get sprayed, dont know about tazered.......they can stick that though!!! :)
They have stopped spraying recruits since the DEATS have joined because they have had too many of them being unable cope. I don't think anyone gets tasered even if you want to feel the effects they still wont do it.
good to know haha
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Was at the Gero Nightclub last night (Nighty) and a few people had gathered across the road, I watched an officer walk towards the group with the Tazar pointed towards them. The group scattered and moved on pretty quick, I hate to use the "overkill" word again but thought that this was unwarrented seeing that the group were just standing around, there was no abuse or anything that would have warrented this action. Maybe its just a way of moving people on.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Rockjet wrote:Was at the Gero Nightclub last night (Nighty) and a few people had gathered across the road, I watched an officer walk towards the group with the Tazar pointed towards them. The group scattered and moved on pretty quick, I hate to use the "overkill" word again but thought that this was unwarrented seeing that the group were just standing around, there was no abuse or anything that would have warrented this action. Maybe its just a way of moving people on.
didnt use it, situation didnt escelate, good outcome...
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

You have to be careful when saying thing were unwarranted. I can imagine you didn't see any preceding incidents occurring... they may have already been asked to move on, given some lip back etc. Unless you know all the facts it's not wise to jump to conclusions.

I agree - good outcome. :-)
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Outcome indeed good. I don't want to talk about how wielding the weapon is actually using it (for AV201), but yeah. Who knows what intel they had regarding concealed weapons and so on and so forth.

Taser's rock. I know that much.