Police car, uniformed officer, P Plates

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

herrgott wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
munchkin1981 wrote:i just saw JG car with a p plate on it and with a cadet driving on his own
On his own??? :roll: :shock:
It's kind of strange to hear you talking about somebody that is known to me. Y'know, reading through other threads they're all about some random, but when it's read about somebody you actually know, about an OIC's (that you know) decision...
It's just interesting to think that there is members of the public spewing this stuff out.

If it's a concern, walk into Gosnells and ask to speak to the OIC. He'll take you into his office and hear you out. In fact, he'd enjoy the interest a member of the public has shown. Even ask to speak to the cadet, to ask him how he's going or what's going on with his cadetship.

As opposed to the whole 'OMG! I must thread about this...'. Or perhaps in addition to. Go one step further beyond threading and get involved for 10 minutes of your life at one of these stations. I think you might be surprised.

Has it occured to you that some of us like to read and discuss things like this herrgott... you are not forced to read the threads... i know that i find this very interesting as im learning a lot about how our wonderful emergency services work.. i did not know P platers could drive police cars until i read this thread..

my 2c.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Relax, dude.

I was suggesting that if you were keen to know, there are those who would appreciate you eagerness and be keen to have a chat with you if you were curious. Not a shot at anybody, a friendly suggestion for those that might be interested.

My other comment was just that it was an odd feeling to actually know the person being spoken about in a thread, where normally I do not. Again, not me saying anything about a wasted thread.

I appreciate that words on the screen are toneless, and hope you'll reread what I've written with that in mind. Perhaps the word 'spewing' was what gave you the feeling I was being negative. Perhaps 'churning' would be a better replacement.

Let me reiterate: I never said this was a wasteful thread, and I also realise I'm not forced to read any threads. Let me say, though, that if I was inclined to have a negative opinion about the thread (though I do not), I'd be as entitled as you. But let's not go there - I'm not trying to be negative.

I am aware, to answer your question, that people like to read and talk about these things. That's why I suggested if you wanted to read and talk about these things, there are people who also would like to talk to you or ease your mind about it. Such as your local OIC, that community-minded bloke sitting in the big chair making sure his guys are keeping your streets closer to heaven rather than hell.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

herrgott wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
munchkin1981 wrote:i just saw JG car with a p plate on it and with a cadet driving on his own
It's kind of strange to hear you talking about somebody that is known to me. Y'know, reading through other threads they're all about some random, but when it's read about somebody you actually know, about an OIC's (that you know) decision...
It's just interesting to think that there is members of the public spewing this stuff out.

If it's a concern, walk into Gosnells and ask to speak to the OIC. He'll take you into his office and hear you out. In fact, he'd enjoy the interest a member of the public has shown. Even ask to speak to the cadet, to ask him how he's going or what's going on with his cadetship.

As opposed to the whole 'OMG! I must thread about this...'. Or perhaps in addition to. Go one step further beyond threading and get involved for 10 minutes of your life at one of these stations. I think you might be surprised.
Yeh, you're a little late no one really cares anymore...
herrgott

Post by herrgott »

Really? Damn.

I was hoping for some more people to say it's a rubbish idea to have them driving. 'Cause, y'know, it pretty well is.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

herrgott wrote:Really? Damn.

I was hoping for some more people to say it's a rubbish idea to have them driving. 'Cause, y'know, it pretty well is.
http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=29161#29161

Voila
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Saw ZS102 with a young female officer one-up with P plates in Innaloo today, must of been a lunch run :)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Was she hot?
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

herrgott wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:

i wouldn't walk into gosnells and speak to the oic as they don't do anything about with reports you do put in so why waste time and ask them about this
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

jmmw wrote:Was she hot?
Ah yes. Now we are on the important issues!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Kinetic wrote:
Of course...what could be more important??
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Well i need to be able to gauge the outrageousness of the situation. If she is hot then obviously its not so bad
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Tyranus wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Nothing. I was not being sarcastic!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Kinetic wrote:
Tyranus wrote:
Kinetic wrote: Ah yes. Now we are on the important issues!
Nothing. I was not being sarcastic!
Neither was I that was a genuine rhetorical question :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

there is a picture up on the public noticeboard at Scarborough Police Station of ZS102 with p-plates on
Ranger
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Is this with or without the chick that may or may not be hot?