The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Re: Western Power

Post by gkoutlis »

Kinetic wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
Kinetic wrote: On top of what Mr G said, the most common reason I know of is with car crashes.

If a car takes out a power pole, Ambo's and Cops need to power off to make the area safe.
Thanks Kinetic - I've also heard that Firies won't attempt rescue if live power lines are in the area as well - am i right?
Yeah. If a car has taken down power lines, Western Power need to cut power before any else happens.

I know they sometimes attend under lights and Sirens to house fires.
Awsome - thanks mate.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

You could probably say that they can go Lights and Sirens anytime power needs to be turned off in a hurry, Pole fires, house fires, car vs pole, line down, some wild fires - though I think they'd just shut the power off remotely for that.
As for training they can probably complete the PUA31102 Certificate III in Public Safety (Driving in a Threat Environment) or PUAVEH001A Drive vehicles under operational conditions
Source: www.ntis.gov.au
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Toottoot wrote:What training do the Western Power UDD drivers do? Why do they only have the reds and not the reds and blues? What sort of incidents require them to use lights and sirens?
Red only is for priority two vehicles, as shown in the DPI document I gave a link for in another thread. Red, blue and white are priority one vehicles.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Toottoot wrote:What training do the Western Power UDD drivers do? Why do they only have the reds and not the reds and blues? What sort of incidents require them to use lights and sirens?
Western Power emergency Response do a UDD course through FESA.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:
Red only is for priority two vehicles, as shown in the DPI document I gave a link for in another thread. Red, blue and white are priority one vehicles.
Careful too.. its not 'Priority 1 and 2' in a WAPOL sense.. Priority 2 vehicles are generally not 'first responders'.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:
Careful too.. its not 'Priority 1 and 2' in a WAPOL sense.. Priority 2 vehicles are generally not 'first responders'.
Yep - P1 in the DPI definition only.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Assisted at a 2 car MVA - in leederville - saturday night. Intersection Oxford and Vincent Streets

One car head on with a turning vehicle. Nil Injuries - extensive damage to both vehicles and fair amount of oil and fuel on the road... FESA - Perth 2nd - turned out - 6-6 - 1st alarm Haz Mat... Those guys were very kind and curtious - including the 2 mic bikes that came to assist... I saw that one of the coppers on the bike had a long day, so a nice coffee from me helped abit ;)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Sja Kalamunda crew last night did a resus to swannies as a result of a T/A they attended.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Car v Truck on dixon road, persons trapped, AV Car asking for Sja urgently. (rocko depot is one man down sja crew now coming from kwinana.

No updates atm.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

Markmywords wrote:Sja Kalamunda crew last night did a resus to swannies as a result of a T/A they attended.

turns out that was a friend :( i only spoke to him friday
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

oh no are they ok
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

nope died
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

211 in warnbro SJA on the way. Multiple cars P2
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

munchkin1981 wrote:nope died
Sad news. Sorry to hear Munchy. Condolences :(
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

VM104 heading to a 215 Intersection Carol/Farrington Car rollover persons trapped vehicle on fire.

**update** car been put back on its wheels and has driven off....fire was put out with extinguisher O.o