Digital Frequencies

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Digital Frequencies

Post by Turbo »

Now we have picked up a Uniden ubcd996t :smt109 Im chasing any digital frequencies and what channel they relate too. Any help is appreciated.

PS: This is a hard scanner to program!
HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

Good Luck.

HM-106
stevesperformance

Post by stevesperformance »

for the police freqs that start at 502.1187 and go through to 504.0687
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

i know youve heard this befor but if your after the coppers good luck , its encoded/encrypted , there not spending all that money on a "secure" network if its that easy to crack although ive heard it CAN be done , no saying whats needed or how long it might take though.

if i come across any frequncies (digital) for any other organisation ill let you know but you might have to wait untill PTA SJA and FESA start rolling out there networks ( ive been told there also getting digi networks if wapol's work out for them ) befor you can get any frequncies.

but as i said befor goodluck

PS. its a massive shame Wapol need to get a secure network ,just because people abuse the privalige

*sorry to those neat freaks out there about the spelling
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Hehe turbo if you need a hand I managed to work out how to program Vaux's 996t scanner, took a bit but shouldn't be hard to remember.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:i know youve heard this befor but if your after the coppers good luck , its encoded/encrypted
Yeah I have heard that once or twice :smt043

I dont think the encryption will ever be "cracked". We got a digital scanner to pick up any transmissions we may be missing that are not yet encrypted, but are currently running digital and not digital/analogue. Hope that makes sense.
stevesperformance wrote:for the police freqs that start at 502.1187 and go through to 504.0687

Thanks mate!
Tyranus wrote:Hehe turbo if you need a hand
Might have to take you up on that. Got all the frequencies in we need, but it seems you cant assign them to an actual channel number? Eg: 21 So if I want to go quickly to Mirrabooka channel, we have to turn the dial and scroll to it?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Turbo wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Hehe turbo if you need a hand
Might have to take you up on that. Got all the frequencies in we need, but it seems you cant assign them to an actual channel number? Eg: 21 So if I want to go quickly to Mirrabooka channel, we have to turn the dial and scroll to it?
hmmm that sounds familiar, it was a neat scanner when I got it working, I can never remember what channel is what on my scanner except for 57 FRS because thats my priority on the second bank, but with that one you can enter it in.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
PRC-495

Re: Digital Frequencies

Post by PRC-495 »

I think the whole digital network was a waste of government money. 60 million dollars was spent to set up the new digital system and already people can hack into it. They already had a perfect multi linking repeater system set up, there was no need for this new digital system. The whole aim was that it was to be more secure, however people can already tune in. :lol:
Last edited by PRC-495 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[PRC] Perth Radio Club. 495
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

errrr....it hasnt been encrypted yet dude...there is nothing TO hack. There have been a gagillion posts on this issue , i suggest you read a few.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

PRC-495 wrote:60 million dollars was spent to set up the new digital system and already people can hack into it.
Prove it.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Didnt a warn you about saying something bad about the police!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

PRC-495 wrote:60 million dollars was spent to set up the new digital system and already people can hack into it.
Nonsense.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Haha now there is an idea! Encrypt all digital radio systems the WA Police are using right now! And instantly lock out the remaining analogue equipment still in use.

You are a genius PRC, pure genius.

:idea:
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

PRC must work for DSD, they would be the only one with the right equipment to do a digital crack, but they have better things to do than worry about WAPOL :roll:
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Bungarra wrote:PRC must work for DSD, they would be the only one with the right equipment to do a digital crack
They could probably do it in their sleep... but they have slightly more equipment and expertise than use mere mortals :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr