WT901

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

WT901

Post by Tom »

G'day Folks,

WT901 as most of you know is the experimental VZ Holden Crewman WAPOL are trialling.

So far this vehicle has been everywhere and it's hard to keep track of.

For those interested in the current whereabouts of this vehicle, can members please post when it is heard.

Today i've just head it on ch54 heading to a job in Mount Helena, so it's a Midland at the moment.

It was seen in Ellenbrook last week also.

cheers

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys just a question - WT I have heard them on the City channel working Northbridge - Subi etc - and every now and then I would hear that the constables are on training. So is Whiskey Tango a new callsign for Probationary Constables just starting off on the beat?
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Hi Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by Glen »

Glen wrote:Hi All

WT901 was tasking in the Midland area all day.

Regards Glen
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

WT is the call-sign for the Academy and it's vehicles.

From my understanding any vehicle 'attached' to the Joondalup Academy will carry a WT call-sign from the Superindentant, Inspector, SGT's, Motor-bikes and the Driver training cars.

You'll hear them pop-up on ch48/50 (North East Metro) from time to time when special events are on, such as the upcoming Skyshow.

WT901 is allocated to the Traffic and Driver Training Unit, hence the call-sign.

cheers

Tom
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

They also do On road training
Last edited by Ludacris on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

When ever i hear wt901 its always on the midland channel
auntys_eyes

WT901

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hi All,

Saw WT901 on Sunday 15/1 travelling west along Morrison Road in Midvale.
It also logged on to the Midland channel around 2300hrs on Monday 16/1 announcing "...Midland night shift booking on. Tasking untill 0700..."
It was also given a Priority 2 job to Millendon around 2340ish

I had a really good look over WT901 at the Academy during a recent work visit. Very nicely decked out with state of the art gear. The fibreglass capsule is quite sophisticated and (i was told) based on a Victorian model (minus the interior CCTV camera). The only thing that had me wondering is the 'escape hatch' built into the roof!!!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Must be flogging it hard.

I was talking to the Copper that was driving it on arvo shift (Monday) and it already has 8,000km on the clock!!

cheers

Tom
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Hey all,

i Was Listening to Midland's Channel For The First Time in a while last night. WT901 was on. i just have a few questions about this car

1)How Many Officers onboard ?

2)Does it Go Back to a station after knock off ?

and Finaly

3) What class is this car ?

thanks guys
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

G'day Millsy,

1) I suppose it's anything up to 4 officers, same as the Rodeos in the City. Although there wouldn't be much room for all gear/files and paperwork with 4 in it.

2) Yep it's being trialled at Midland at the moment, so it'll be being used just like any other HM car. A fellow member saw it at Maylands recently so it must go there when not being used.

3) I was under the impression it was a Class 3, but the guy who was driving it yesterday arvo reckons it's a Class 2 (which I though was unmarked), so i'm a little confused at the moment. Still waiting for Walks to check this out.

cheers

Tom
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Cheer's Tom, Thanks mate :)
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Might aswell make my first post usefull

Class 1
Fully marked police vehicles equipped with emergency vehicle audio-visual warning devices and designated Police Special Vehicle.

Class 2
Plain unmarked police vehicles equipped with emergency vehicle audio-visual warning devices and designated Police Special Vehicle.

Class 3
Fully marked District vans/sedans equipped with emergency vehicle audio-visual warning devices. Fully marked Police motorcycles equipped with audio-visual warning devices.

Class 4
Plain unmarked police vehicles equipped with emergency vehicle audio-visual warning devices.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

WT901 was at the Terrace road/Bennett St (Langley Park) Command Post parked with a heap of ROG's vehicles last night.

It's rear number-plate has also been crunched of recent.

cheers

Tom
yorky

Post by yorky »

Was tasking this morning on 21/41 by the sounds of it.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

What was the command post in aide of Tom?...i was out of town that night. I have been looking hard for WT901 (heard it heaps) and still not seen this vehicle yet...kinda like watching a kettle boil really.. :? How about George`s post in another thread explaining his sighting of police Subaru Forrester and I think a Toyota sedan of some type....anyone else seen these or know a callsign allocation?