Transit Security Running Red Lights

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Aztech

Transit Security Running Red Lights

Post by Aztech »

Other night around 5:30pm I was exiting on the FWY @ Leach HWY and the light had been Red for about 30 seconds. Then about 1 minute later the Transit car in front of me Goes through the red light. Naturally I started moving and then as i got to the line i saw the other car stationary and HIT the brakes. Whats up with this?? I just thought they must obey Regular Road rules like you and me. PLUS there orange lights DONT make very visible warning devices EITHER...

Cheers
A!
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

Correct they must obey the regular road rules there lights are only used as warning devices at crossings that are broken or to warn people of a hazard
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Evening Gents,

I assume we are talking about one of those Delta vehicles??

Yep they have no authorisation to break the road rules and regulations.

It's the old story but, the 'power goes to some peoples' heads and they think they can do anything they like on the road. A power-trip or whatever you want to call it.

I personally think the mobile Westrail transit units replaced and duties taken over by WAPOL, although we all know how short of staf they are.

D1 Freo line
D2 and 3 Armadale line
D4 Midland
D5 and D6 Clarkson
D7 Spare vehicle, roving patrols.

cheers

Tom

cheers

Tom
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

good work Tom.Do you know their job codes by any chance.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

All i know is that i wont be going through a red light so as they can get pass me at a set of lights. Correct me if im wrong, i thought you have to have two red lights or red and a blue light to be able to go through red lights, i remember something bein said about our 7.2 when it use to have orange lights and the council said that if we didnt change the colour of our lights then we couldnt go through red lights or go fire call conditions or something like that, chrisssso should know abit more bout it
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

I would of thought that if it was clearly distinguishable as a 'recognized' Emergency vehicle than that would be sufficent.

Some unmarked cars just have a stick on blue light on the roof.

I remember a few years back the police trialled blue/red sick on magnetic lights, coloured domes.

I remember the old F100 SJA Ambo's you used to be able to hear the sirens on them from miles away, with those new Merc Sprinters you can't hear them until you basically next to it.

No idea on the codes mate, but I have a good contact in Westrail who might be able to help, if you want them.

cheers

Tom
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

ya cheers that would be great!Thanks Tom
Aztech

Post by Aztech »

Actually guys, this was one of those Sedans, That are decked out like Police cars with TRANSIT on the side.
I've seen them following buses every now and then..

Tom wrote:Evening Gents,

I assume we are talking about one of those Delta vehicles??

Yep they have no authorisation to break the road rules and regulations.

It's the old story but, the 'power goes to some peoples' heads and they think they can do anything they like on the road. A power-trip or whatever you want to call it.

I personally think the mobile Westrail transit units replaced and duties taken over by WAPOL, although we all know how short of staf they are.

D1 Freo line
D2 and 3 Armadale line
D4 Midland
D5 and D6 Clarkson
D7 Spare vehicle, roving patrols.

cheers

Tom

cheers

Tom
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Yep, know them: Secureforce, the Transperth-contracted security company. They have absolutely no authority to do anything other than follow the same traffic regulations as everyone else.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tom wrote:I would of thought that if it was clearly distinguishable as a 'recognized' Emergency vehicle than that would be sufficent.

Some unmarked cars just have a stick on blue light on the roof.

I remember a few years back the police trialled blue/red sick on magnetic lights, coloured domes.
Depends on the vehicle. Police vehicles, if its 'reasonable' do not need to display a flashing light OR sound an alarm to be exempt from the provisions of the Road Traffic Code. Generally speaking though, emergency vehicles must be displaying a "red or blue" flashing light *or* sounding an alarm. Emergency vehicles are defined in the Code as Police Vehicles, Fire Appliances attending an incident where human life is reasonably considered to be danger, an Ambulance answering an urgent call, a vehicle carrying blood or medical supplies and authorised to carry a siren and any other vehicle authorised as an emergency vehicle by the Director General (of Dept of Transport I assume?).

General rule of thumb, first responders have red/blue - others have red only (eg, Western Power, FESA Technicians, SES (generally speaking)).
hitman

Post by hitman »

I used to work for this poor excuse for a company.

Secureforce are an example of a company owned by a cowboy who couldn't make it in law enforcement.

I wont mention names, but his boys have been booked for driving at high speeds with the yellow lights on (I remember once incident on the freeway, turned the lights on in front of an unmarked police vehicle), being arrested for carrying 9mm handguns in the glovebox of one of the vehicles and the owner carrying a 9mm on his hip occassionally.

The owner is a yank who should've been shot at birth. He is arrogant, obnoxious and extremely idiotic. He honestly believes in his own little fantasy world that he is developing and running a 'private police force' all on his own.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane wrote:General rule of thumb, first responders have red/blue - others have red only (eg, Western Power, FESA Technicians, SES (generally speaking)).
Most of the SES appliances I've seen (not that it's a lot) and the new appliances produced (as seen in 24 Seven magazine) have are now red & blue beacons. Only a few retain the red only or amber beacons.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

funny u mention secureforce one of there cars got impounded over this anti-hoon law. Car came out of the shopping centre let off a bit of a squel bang cops got him :lol:
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

John Ryan and his goons as I refer to anyone who works for Secureforce. He thinks he is above the law, he is a wannabe cop and a wannabe elvis inpersonater. His company should not be doing any form of security at all. They cant even secure there own office or roses for that matter. There office was broken into a few years ago and lots of money was stolen from the premises and last year or the year before he did a freebie job for publicity in watching some roses an old lady planted near an allyway they ended up getting pulled out.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yeah, the sirens on the new ambos are crap, they are only 5 metres passed you and u cant hear nothin.