WA Police To Close Six Country Stations, Relocate Another...

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

WA Police To Close Six Country Stations, Relocate Another...

Post by Chicky »

Your thoughts, people??

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/MediaAndPub ... s/7459.pdf

I think that if the incident rate remains as low as reported, then no problem. But what if the closures are like a red flag to a bull? Interested to know what members think of this...... :?:
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I know one of the two blokes at Cranbrook. He only moved there earlier this year and his wife moved down only about a month ago.
ryno

Post by ryno »

Last edited by ryno on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

On the subject kinda but not really i have noticed between hilton/palymra/kwinana there is always a short with one officer going to the other to make up a crew and today they were short at murdoch till 1pm to make a crew up.

Is this a normal thing or just short of guys on the ground.

Why does O/time always have to be approved when you look at SJA/FESA job comes in out you go simple as that. Seems the wapol get treated differently in that respect
Last edited by Markmywords on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Yeah, they're so understaffed it isn't funny, especially with other states offering packages they can't refuse. I personally know 6 Police Officers that have gone to the Northern Territory and Queensland because of the packages they can receive there.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I'd have thought Menzies would see more action than Leinster! Occasionally you saw something in the local magazine/paper, from them, usually just a slightly too roudy party, that was quashed quite quickly. In the time I was there, they had 1 attempted sexual assault, and guys from Perth went across for that, or from Kalgoorlie, they had a visit from someone high enough up, to have the 2 coppers very nervous, even to the point from 60m away you could see serious hand wobble in the salute! Not a lot happened there, they might as well be in Leonora where there is more trouble, and if something happens then it's a 2 hr drive up Under Normal Road.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Yeah we lived in Leonora, as my old man was posted there and they were down there at least once a week helping out the two coppers because of pub brawls etc. Is not a very nice place.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Schism_ wrote:Yeah we lived in Leonora, as my old man was posted there and they were down there at least once a week helping out the two coppers because of pub brawls etc. Is not a very nice place.
Haha I would have thought he'd have been busy enough as it is in Leonora, that place also has a reputation!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Haha, it wasn't too bad when I was there hey, they say places get worse with time... guess Leonora is included