The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Markmywords wrote:Nasty 215 on tonkin highway somewhere prior to 8:15pm fesa/sja/wapol on scene missed the cross though.
This may be the serious 5 car TA on Reid Hwy at the Mirrabooka Ave intersection. It was absolute carnage. Major traffic redirections. Police from Morley, Scarborough and Mirrabooka Traffic plus SJA and tow trucks aplenty. Had a private traffic management company doing traffic redirections. While i was there an ambulance on an unrelated priority call navigated its way through the crash scene, lights and siren ablaze. Caught up with Chromii (Turbo's boss) shooting for News@Night. Unfortunate moment for the Scarborough car (ZS102 ??), parked to block traffic, but with no lights activated, bonnet up and nose to nose with a tow truck :(
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Did ZS102 get pranged Aunty?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hey Tom. Just re-read my post and it does sound like that :lol: , but no, not pranged that i could see. Meant that it was just parked there, with what appeared to be a battery/electrical problem and the tow truck was parked as one would, if helping to 'jump start' a car :wink:

VBFB Member

luke

Post by luke »

NO pics
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Just happened to be passing by and didn't have any gear with me.

VBFB Member

Shank.ed

Post by Shank.ed »

Morning, went up to Madeley today and there was a bit of action on Wangara Road: couldn't really see but it looked like a major RTA with Wangara, and or Duncraig / Joondalup appliances in attendance. Several ambulances and couple of police units. Looked like someone got T-boned, anyone got infomation?

bout 7am this morning?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Shank.ed wrote:Morning, went up to Madeley today and there was a bit of action on Wangara Road: couldn't really see but it looked like a major RTA with Wangara, and or Duncraig / Joondalup appliances in attendance. Several ambulances and couple of police units. Looked like someone got T-boned, anyone got infomation?

bout 7am this morning?
Heard something briefly on the news (radio) - that it was causing traffic delays - and alot of mess, unsure what was involved, but they said it was a 3 car MVA.

G
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Gnangara and Sydney rds I think it was.

Yep I was rudely awaken by the sirens just after 7am myself.

Shank.ed, welcome to the group....don't take offence to some of the people on here.
Shank.ed

Post by Shank.ed »

Cheers man for the compliments

Knew it’s was a pretty big one travelled up Wanneroo road only to go on the hard shoulder to let two ambulances go screaming past
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tom wrote: Shank.ed, welcome to the group....don't take offence to some of the people on here.
I second that too.... - Its great to have you guys on this forum to answer non-sensitive info about your job... - It gives us a better understanding on what goes on....

Cheers
G
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Only a low life

Post by Rockjet »

Was travelling back to Geraldton this evening when we came across a Landcruiser parked up on the side of the Brand Hwy about 5kms sth of Cataby. There were bad skid marks all over the Hwy and a wrecked car and caravan in the bush on the side of the road. I quickly jumped out to see if I could lend a hand only to find this low life helping himself to the belongings of the poor victims of the TA. I asked him if anyone was hurt, he replied that the accident happend earlier in the day and that he was grabbing anything not nailed down. My wife jotted his rego down and we passed it on to police at the roadhouse who took off after him.

The roadhouse worker told us that the 70 year old pensioner had tried to overtake a roadtrain and had lost control, fortunately there were no injuries but the caravan was a right off.

Did anyone hear of this TA this morning?

I just makes you wonder what drives people to do things like this!!!
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Only a low life

Post by Chicky »

rockjet wrote:I just makes you wonder what drives people to do things like this!!!
Pure greed and selfishness. It's disgusting, and unfortunately becoming more and more common everyday. What ever happened to common decency?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I agree. We had a car/caravan accident last year. We arrived on scene and basically put everything back on the remains of the caravan (while the owners were in hospital being checked) so morons like that one wouldn't get anything.

The owners were so impressed with the help they got they made a number of donations. Our VFRS got one too. :)
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Major prang Ennis Ave anything?????
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

tango11 wrote:Major prang Ennis Ave anything?????
Where abouts on ennis ave. Scanner has been very quite and neither rocky or hope valley have been responded to a T/A