Heading down to bunbury this weekend

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

herbie1204

Heading down to bunbury this weekend

Post by herbie1204 »

I'm heading down to Bunbury this weekend. Is there anything I can listen to on the scanner down there. I did read on this forum somewhere that the police operations are done mainly by mobile phone. Can someone confirm or deny this?
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I have heard plenty of radio traffic myself when travelling down that way using the car mounted bandspanner antenna. Try channels 10- 468.0750mhz. 14- 468.1750mhz. 29- 468.550mhz.
Good luck with those and let us know how it goes.
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

I only have an Icom IC-R5 with no extra equipment, so not sure how it will go.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

468.175 (ch 14) is the main Bunbury channel, and you will hear action, especially over the weekend. Don't expect it to be as busy as a metro channel of course, but there's plenty to hear.

You will pick that up anywhere around Bunbury as the repeater is located on top of a big hill near the CBD, just behind the police station.

468.075 is the Waroona repeater, you can normally pick that up in Bunbury as well without too much trouble. I think 468.550 is Busselton but that also gets out nicely across the water.

Some other random crap you can listen to is:
163.4875 - Bunbury Taxi's
78.100 - FESA
476.450 - Channel 2 UHF CB repeater
146.650 - 2m Amateur repeater

Have fun :)
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

Thanks bonez :D .......I'll report back if I hear anything. :)
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Sounds good. Enjoy Bunbury, for what it is! </sarcasm off>

P.S. I was born and spent the first 19 years of my life there... never again!
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hey Bonez, guess what? The ABC are planning to do a WAFL OB from beautiful Bunbury. Yep, apparently taking the whole circus on a road trip to cover a game from Your old home town. From memory i think it is round 9?? (Peel v W Perth)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Hehe, bring on ye olde Telstra bearers hey :) Nothing else in Bunbury.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

If it's anything like the game we did from Broome last year, we will microwave link back to the ABC studios, and use our digi lines from there to Perth MCR.

VBFB Member

vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

auntys_eyes wrote:If it's anything like the game we did from Broome last year, we will microwave link back to the ABC studios, and use our digi lines from there to Perth MCR.
ABC still has a MCR in Perth? I'd assume ABC would do what all the other networks have done and handle everything in Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Technically the MCR in the new ABC building is called CDC (Content Distribution Centre). The CDC monitors and controls all vision, audio and data seen and heard in WA on ABC radio and television. All signals generated by, coming into or leaving from the ABC in WA pass through CDC including the TV signals seen on ABCTV and ABC2. Most of the content you watch on ABCTV is broadcast from the ABC in Sydney and re-transmitted through a delay system into WA, but we locally insert live programmes such as News, Stateline and local sport like the WAFL.

VBFB Member

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I went to bunbury n back for work today so programmed the channels in and heard not much with bunbury traffic wasnt till i was heading back heard quite a few jobs go out more so P2 a guy didnt have his partner because his partner had taken someone home, then got into mandurah and mandurah was quite busy, must say between coogee to bunbury and back didnt see one car.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Went up for a flight today for a few hours - and did alot of Practice Forced Landings near by where the Water Ski Park is - just off the Fwy.... and noticed from the air at about 1,200ft - a Highway Patrol car with 3 guys doing laser action to all North Bound traffic, was awsome seeing it from the air....
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

gkoutlis wrote:Went up for a flight today for a few hours - and did alot of Practice Forced Landings near by where the Water Ski Park is - just off the Fwy.... and noticed from the air at about 1,200ft - a Highway Patrol car with 3 guys doing laser action to all North Bound traffic, was awsome seeing it from the air....
I hope you weren't speeding! :smt080
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

vk6hgr wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Went up for a flight today for a few hours - and did alot of Practice Forced Landings near by where the Water Ski Park is - just off the Fwy.... and noticed from the air at about 1,200ft - a Highway Patrol car with 3 guys doing laser action to all North Bound traffic, was awsome seeing it from the air....
I hope you weren't speeding! :smt080
From the air ??? :lol: :wink: I was only doing about 118kts :lol: :lol: