The TA Thread (serious & fatal)

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Car v Car Forrestdale-Nicholson/Armadale Rd ? numerous persons trapped, Armadale 1st on its way, SJA from armadale on scene requested back up on a P1 nearest ambo crew is coming from kwinana,havent heard any other cars called as yet.

Armadale 2nd just been called out to respond to MVA.
godinoz

Truck rollover

Post by godinoz »

Another truck belonging to Mitchells carrying amonium nitrate has rolled. This time at Great Northern highway Bindoon. Apparentley it has wiped out a couple of cars. Fesa, WAPOL, SJA and EPA are there. Expect it to be a long nite!!!!!
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Police have closed part of a major highway north of Perth while efforts continue to clean up a hazardous spill.

A road train carrying fertiliser has been involved in an accident, spilling 30 tons of ammonia nitrate across the Great Northern Highway, eight kilometres south of Bindoon.

Police also believe a motor vehicle is trapped under the road train.

Fire and rescue crews are at the scene and motorists are advised to avoid the area if possible.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 886847.htm

Anymore updates??
illusion

Post by illusion »

hey guys attended 2 aceidents last night kwinanna frewway x ankatell rd at 2 am in the morning car vs railing driver fallen asleep at wheel turns out i new the girl shes ok but still in hostpital then about 3am there was a motor bike v road in baldivas end of freeway i have been told the rider died today skid marks were 101.8m long eta speed of 180km from the traffic boys
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

illusion wrote:hey guys attended 2 aceidents last night kwinanna frewway x ankatell rd at 2 am in the morning car vs railing driver fallen asleep at wheel turns out i new the girl shes ok but still in hostpital then about 3am there was a motor bike v road in baldivas end of freeway i have been told the rider died today skid marks were 101.8m long eta speed of 180km from the traffic boys
Ouch, a couple of times I've felt really tired, before I've driven so gave myself some caffeine and sugar. Plus had some with me so that the effect didn't wear off half way there. Hope she comes out alright.
As for the biker, doing 180km/h is asking for trouble. I'd have been very surprised if he'd lived, he's a bit like the hoon P plater, giveing bikers a reputation not all of them deserve. Sympathy only to family.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well like what was said on the news tonight a crackdown over the long weekend unlicensed/suspended drivers and those that speed 45klms over the speed limit will be locked up !!!!! Interesting to see what effects that is going to have over easter.

Last time i went down south i drove to margs n back and didnt see one police car no booze bus diddly squat but saw alot of maniac drivers.

Car v something in spearwood Spearwood ave/Barrington SJA and Murdoch 1st off at the scene, just called for wapol.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

illusion wrote:motor bike v road in baldivas end of freeway i have been told the rider died today
Thats not good :cry:

Where did you hear this? Last I was told was the injuries were not life threatening.
illusion

Post by illusion »

i heard it on the news the next day he seemed ok when i was assisting sja loading him into the ambulance unless there was another bad bike crash we all didnt know about
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Tyranus wrote:
illusion wrote:hey guys attended 2 aceidents last night kwinanna frewway x ankatell rd at 2 am in the morning car vs railing driver fallen asleep at wheel turns out i new the girl shes ok but still in hostpital then about 3am
Ouch, a couple of times I've felt really tired, before I've driven so gave myself some caffeine and sugar. Plus had some with me so that the effect didn't wear off half way there. Hope she comes out alright..
Can i please tell everyone to please PULL OVER when they feel tired and are behind the wheel.

Early sunday morning on the 25th/3 this year, i did the same as the girl, collected the train barrier which then spun me numerous times accross the left lane and into a light pole before the car rolled, this happen just before the anketell rd off ramp.

I was lucky to walk away with my life and not to have injured or killed anyone else.

Im now 8 grand in debt and regret not pulling over and sleeping.

I never thought it would happen to me but it did, and it can happen to you, and it happens pretty f*cking quick i can tell you.

DONT DRIVE TIRED

take it from me before you too learn it the hard way !
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Cheers for the heads up man
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I suppose it is a bit hypocritical of us to tell people not to, and then do it ourselves. I certainly don't make a habit of it. I just know that with my luck I'll wake up with the police knocking on my window for a welfare check! :P But I spose better that than the FRS guy making a cut.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
illusion

Post by illusion »

good news the girl is ok was very lucky there was a car right behind her when she hit the railing as seen by the skidmarks on the freeway she was in a hyundai getz a small car so it could of been worse if the car behind was not able to stop intime i towed the car to pickles today it was a right off tore the drivers front wheel strut tower and wishbone clean of so please take care if going away this weekend and dont drive tired
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Just like to add my bit.

Like many, i too am working this weekend, and i'd rather not be filming any of you for the evening news (unless it's a 'good news' story of course :wink: ).

I'm sure all of our forum members, who are working this weekend with WAPol, FRS, SJA, BFB and any of our volunteer services (hope i haven't missed anyone :oops: ) would rather have a quiet and uneventful Easter, thinking about their own families, rather than dealing with trauma, and the emotions of other innocent families.

I know we don't live in utopia, and accidents do happen, but lets all do what we can to help ourselves and those around us.

So: be aware, stay vigilant, and above all travel safe :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Heard tonight about an up and coming footballer, for which club I shall not name has had his car rammed, and is now a quadraplegic :(
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

Just heard on the news that there were 2 fatals overnight. Our first ones for Easter. Anyone heard what happened? :(