Any Truth to?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

just.nosey

Any Truth to?

Post by just.nosey »

I have heard M.I.G. is to lose 20 officers and it has been suggested from within the section, that the uniform officers depart M.I.G. leaving only the detectives.

I have also been told that a number of the BF turbos at M.I.G. have been damaged and that because T.E.G. are increasing their numbers by approximately 30 staff, that the powers that be, are considering taking the BF turbos away from M.I.G. and handing them over to T.E.G.?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Oh ok you have me confused haha i dont know what M.I.G or T.E.G is ? im guessing T.E.G is traffic enforement group ? or am i wrong.
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

major incident group.MIG

TEG is TE cars if im right
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Rumours, Rumours..............gotta love em.

The re-shaping of MIG has already happened....no big deal,uniforms still there...as for the cars going to TEG................

HAHAHAHA.......sorry I can't stop laughing.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

Further to my post about the cars I believe this will happen in the coming months and in the not to distant future and one of the main reasons for this is M.I.G. has made themselves so elite that on some shifts they do nothing but drive around and burn fuel. Just out of interest how many BF turbos have been damaged by the members of M.I.G.? I heard it's not one or two but in fact it's been quite a few?
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Im sure police vehicles get damaged every day, not just the XR6T's. I cant see a XR6T bieng much more to repair than your average falcon or commodore or 4x4 police vehicle
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
BF

Post by BF »

Just.nosey,
I'm not sure where you get your info from but you couldn't be further from the truth about driving around doing nothing but burning fuel. You obviously have no idea about the role of the Major Incident Group within WAPOL.

And about damaging the vehicles, when a single unit like MIG accounts for a huge percentage of vehicle pursuits in the metro area, of course vehicles are going to get damaged.

A vehicle is only a tool of the trade, whether it's an Executive, SV6 or XR6T.
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

Well BF my understanding is no decision has been made and nothing has been set in concrete but if it is as I say it might be, you better get used to driving executives. You can take this as gospel M.I.G. are being looked at very closely by the 6th floor and a decision is likely soon.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

still a week til april fools day
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

In my opinion I don't think a thread like this is appropriate. Let us assume that there is truth supporting your statements, I don't think it is fair on the serving members of MIG who have an association with this forum to be hearing that their role or job may be changing.

Consider how you would feel if someone you didn't know randomly popped up and told you that your job is about to change whether gospel or not.

I think this is one of the few times I will suggest we remember the role of these forums and the name of the site...

WA Radio Scanner Users' Group
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

i could not agree more
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

i better say somesthing stupid. or spelling mistake since it a scanner site. :shock:
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

nightnewz-crew wrote:i better say somesthing stupid. or spelling mistake since it a scanner site. :shock:
you succeeded! :lol:
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

what can i say :oops:
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

we all have to be good at something! :lol: