pepper spray

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

blade

pepper spray

Post by blade »

did anybody see the story in the paper about the recruits that got pepper sprayed during training and 6 of them are in hospital one of them still cant drive as has a damaged retina...these were also the newly attracted brithish recruits.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Hi All,

Didn't see the article. Can you tell me which edition of the paper it was in i.e. times / dates / location...

Thanks,

CC 8)
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

See this thread where I've posted the article...

http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1024&start=0

Cheers

Chicky
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

GC101 wrote:i couldnt open my eyes for about 1 day and the next 3 days after that i couldnt drive and could hardly see. 2 weeks later my eyes still couldnt handle to midday sun. took a month for my eyes to recover.
but im happy because if it has that effect then good, because it means it works and its a good weapon
Yeah can just imagine trying to interview someone with their eyes shut... Most times a 40 min recovery period is enough....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

GC101 wrote:about 20% had a reactions that lasted multiple days, it worked well on everyone only a couple recovered very fast
I think I was one of the lucky ones, after about 30 mins I was fine. My eyes were barely red but dont get me wrong for the first 20-25mins I was in agony like the rest of them. We had two with bad reactions that lasted a couple of days but only one that went to hospital. The hospital wanted proof he was a recruit otherwise they were going to call the police cause they thought he was involved in an incident and did a runner from the coppas.
blade

Post by blade »

it sounds like a strong batch and if you can stand someone flushing your eyes with milk the effect wears of very quickly
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Post by w0mbat »

Sorry to bring up and old thread, but I have a question about these sprays.

My wife has had her leg mauled by a Rottweiler that was on a leash being walked in the opposite direction that we were. :(

Anyhoo..... she is now afraid of all large dogs to the point where we can't get out of a the car if there is a dog about....and if there is one tied up at the entrance to a shops, sit and wait.

We want to start walking around here again but she does not want to go out with out some kind of defense. We have tried the ultrasonic type deterents, but they hardly make a dogs ears prick-up, let alond deter them from approaching.

Is there any kind of spray she can legaly carry with her?
If not, what kinds of things (realisticly) could we take on walks to give her some kind of peace of mind?

--w0mbat
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Wombat, speak to your local dog traiing centre or council ranger, they may b able to tell you where to get "dog repellant", basically pepper spray, but with a nice name. It as available a few years ago, not sure about now.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

i got pepper spray from the Army Surplus store in rockingham, needed it coz the cops told me to lock all my doors and shit whilst i was having some trouble with some people related to bikies a few months back. 40 bucks.
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

Try citronella spray
eg) lemon juice, or orange juice in a spray container.
They use citronella collars to stop dogs barking. Dog's can't stand the stuff.

This stuff is more effective than pepper spray on dogs. Most dogs go nuts when pepper sprayed and it makes the situation worse.

OR

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.store ... View/Y2310 These zapper things which don't work to well.

REMEMBER EVERY DOG IS DIFFERENT. If a person bit you, you wouldn't be scared of every person you see.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Is MACE and OC spray the same ?

I have the foam stuff.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Pepper spray and Capsicum spray are very different. The type you can buy from the army stores would make most people only get a runny nose and tears in their eyes. It is no where near as strong as OC. Thats why you can buy pepper spray over the counter.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

god pepper spray is horrible was working with sja today at the dept of justice training for new prsion officers and they did their chemical incedent(peper spray) i felt sorry for them brought some of the bigger guys down real quick but had no reaction (or little reaction ) on others it burns the throut bad