Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

nightnewz-crew wrote:short chase south bound wanneroo rd passing ocean reef rd ( nearly got a chance to film it but he was too fast)
What type of camera do you have or are you still using the webcam/laptop combo?

Probably not a good idea to claim that you are a "newz" cameraman and go around chasing these things...
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I wonder if thats HM681 :idea: ----> nightnewz
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

i think your on to something there markmywords
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

Markmywords wrote:I wonder if thats HM681 :idea: ----> nightnewz

:-k :smt017 quite possible
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Big pursuit on channel 21.

Was an oustanding stolen serial that has been on the run for a few days doing burgs and almost ran a officer down at a booze bus the other night.

Unfortunately for them, they had polair and a few delta lads amongst others hunting them down.

Was a great chase, polair called most of it and they were recording so look for the vision in the news tonight, as well as a after shots by me. Didnt see "nightnewz crew" there, must have been on a smoko break.

Ended when POIs failed to take a corner (flinders x morley) and collected a TCL, short foot chase and both POIs quickly in custody with minor injuries.

GREAT work by all involved. 2 less scumbags off the streets for at least tonight.
imacop

Post by imacop »

Turbo, do you film for any channel in particular?
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Nope film for 2, 7, 9 amd 10 under contract.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Nice work Turbo. Was listening to that chase all the way.

Imacop - I haven't discussed the specifics with Turbo, but his footage is used by all of the stations. The networks only pay for crews from the morning until around when their news' go to air. Turbo fills the gap in the wee small hours, shooting all the fun stuff, while we 'full timers' sleep safely in our beds after a hard days work on politics, business and sport!!! Did a few shifts for Turbo's predecessor a few years ago and had a ball. In the 'old days' we would get called out in the middle of the night for big stories. :(

BTW Turbo, still looking for that pic on the Media Vehicles thread. :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

auntys_eyes wrote:BTW Turbo, still looking for that pic on the Media Vehicles thread. :)
Oh I was hoping no-one would notice. I forgot about it until it was too late. Tomorrow for sure.

In regard to News @ Nights footage. We work 6:30pm to 6:30am EVERY day of the year. We are under a contract by all 4 networks so we get paid the same weather we film 10 stories a night or 0.

Its just cost cutting I guess. Instead of each having there own crew, they each pay a little bit to us and share the footage.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

I thought that was the case Turbo, but i didn't want to pre-empt you. When i started, the ABC had crews from 7am till 7pm plus OT and call outs. Now 8am to 6pm, rarely OT and no call outs. I assume that the networks believe it's more cost effective to pay 1/4 of Turbos's retainer, than pay their own penalties and OT.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

sad enough, i was at a bush fire. :oops:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

nightnewz-crew wrote:sad enough, i was at a bush fire. :oops:
and which bushfire would that have been ?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

nightnewz-crew wrote:sad enough, i was at a bush fire. :oops:
Did you take your garden hose and rake ?

HM681 = Nightnews-crew

It's so obvious
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Yep definately.

Unless if you can tell me the exact location of where this fire was..

For the fire to have had news people there it musta been a pretty major incident... and if no one has posted about it then ur aliby is pretty dodgey hm681... i mean Nightnewz-crew
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

bushland in waterman> wangara and duncriga and malgra and ozz park all turn out. there was VCI com post. where i was there.

Star Swamp fire in Marmion if ya wanna called it. yes there was few houses threating last night. and police got called in cause someone was blocking fire truck.