Warning to all about Fast Food Armed Robber on the run

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

imacop

Post by imacop »

some public comments from the news story above:

This is the kind of scumbag we have to get used to on Perth's streets. Near lethal bashings are commonplace and road-rage incidents occurr almost daily. Why? Because the perpetrators have little fear of being caught and even less concern about a sentence, should they be convicted.
Posted by: Graham of West Leederville

I wonder why they have little fear of being caught!
Posted by: X of Dianella

was only a matter of time, perth is catching up with other cities so wont be long and we could be the crime capital of the city. i know someone waited 45mins for the police to attend where his daughter was sexually assualted sunday just gone at a mcdonalds restaurent-police over worked understaffed it seems-crims are running the gauntlet
Posted by: Jamie of Kwinana

The robber was outnumbered. Why didn't anybody shoot him? So much for the idea that private citizens in Australia have no need to carry handguns. They have the need; they're just not allowed to act on it.
Posted by: Frank Silbermann of Memphis, Tennessee, USA
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Haha love the comment from the Yank fella. Yes, why didn't they shoot him! The right to bear arms is a scary thought...
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

POI is driving a white ford laser, playboy bunny sticker on back, missed the rego though.

Was on the outlook to be kept for.
yorky

Post by yorky »

They have listed a lot of white vehicles, its either people not knowing there car models or he has a thing for white cars. First it was a Suzuki then a pulsar, ford, corolla... They had 2 different plates reported so chances are he has changed vehicles at least once but most of those reports were of the bunny or pink writing on the back which seems to be the common factor.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

BLiNG wrote:Haha love the comment from the Yank fella. Yes, why didn't they shoot him! The right to bear arms is a scary thought...
But then we could all 'shoot the jailees' :smt071

What a bozo! Too bad if we all like our gun free lives and being able to walk down the street without worrying about getting shot at.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Hope they get him, before any one gets a bullet in them. Pity they can't use the anti terror laws as he is causing terror. :smt102
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Channel 7 just reported breaking news......"fast food robber has been arrested" !
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

caught by police after finishing work , leaving from joondalup traino. that abit weird
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Yes maybe a bit weird but NO WHERE near as weird as you!

Were you on scene filming all the action when he was apprehended?

Did you convey him back to Curtin House in a trailer strapped to the rear of your bicycle?? :wink:
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

on scene filming all the action when he was apprehended! on right of ur tv i was on there. ch 7
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

LOL @ Tom i just had this image in my head of HM681 with the POI doing the good old dinky on the bike to curtain house.

Any updates on how he was caught ? traffic stop or other ?
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

With his police 'cadets' cardboard visor on and police notebook and pencil in his top pocket - like the ones that you used to get at the royal show..............
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

LOL Bobby thats gold !!!!! HM681 you need to take a pic wearing ur police stuff i wonder if he has a huge stuffed dog as his "k9"
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

no but my k9 wil bite ya balls off considing you stop ya smart ass comments.

POI was followed by undercover police and caught at the joondalup train station.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

Bandits caught after rampage
March 02, 2007 07:00am

POLICE have arrested two men over a crime spree in which eight Perth stores were robbed at gunpoint in less than 24 hours.

A 23-year-old Currambine man and a 30-year-old Hillarys man were arrested last night and will appear in court today.

Police say they believe the younger man terrorised store employees with a handgun while the older man assisted in the robberies.

The extraordinary crime spree began on Tuesday with armed hold-ups at a supermarket and three McDonald's outlets. It continued on Wednesday with another four robberies at businesses in Joondalup.

A computer store, a music shop, a pharmacy and a branch of Fridge and Washer City were all robbed, leaving staff traumatised.

Wednesday's victims included staff at an East Victoria Park IGA store where the robber grabbed money from a till after demanding the female checkout operator open it.

He later forced staff to empty tills at McDonald's outlets in Success, Currambine and North Perth.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Fife said that during one raid the younger man held a gun to a teenage employee's head and told him to "open the till or you will get a bullet''.

"The majority of staff are between 15 and 17 years old,'' Det Snr-Sgt Fife said. "It was terrifying for these kids.''
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.