Neighborhood watch anybody?

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

FG103

Post by FG103 »

Just my POV
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Walks wrote:
herrgott wrote:Ludacris, you obviously don't work in the SEM.
Hahahahaaha, me thinks he has spent alot of time there.

Don't have to create CAD, just intel.

:wink:

Walks.
Damn straight I have done my fair share.

Knowledge is power.
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Crimestoppers
1800 333 000
www.wa.crimestoppers.com.au
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Neighbourhood watch GREAT idea..my neighbours are idiots.

exampe 1) Went out for an hour came home in that time lets say a "dark skinned" person broke into my house i walked into the lounge room saw everything piled into a heap and heard a noise from the bedroom (wasnt game to go look) so walked out and rang the police-anyways bout5-10mins later a murdoch car and cockburn van arrived but in that time the bugger had got away (gained entry by breaking the patio glass door)

MY neighbour across the road saw the whole thing BOTH neighbours on each side one saw the POI and the other heard the glass breaking and yet didnt think about "doing" the right thing-needless to say he only took my digital camera but left his bike behind which was "stolen" anyways.

Im on good terms with my neighbours but "idiots" a few weeks later a group of them were arrested over repeated breaks in my area

But yer my 5c.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

You had someone in your house and you walked out OMG....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Angus

Post by Angus »

batter up!
On the 7th day...god created the turd
On the 8th day...Ford made it move
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Yo, Kanye, if you wanna start a new thread and post sus things you see, go ahead and do it. Those who are interested can also submit or just read. Those who aren't should exercise their right to not view the thread. This forum has members joining then disappearing all the time because of the massive amount of negativity. People seem to use this forum to put down every idea or comment. Maybe if people aren't interested in a thread idea, they should just uncheck the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box, and move on to the section/s they are interested in. A lot of members are too quick to shut down any new ideas. If the thread doesn't get much use, then it will die out by itself. Don't stress dude. It is a forum made up of more than a handful of bullys. If you have any other ideas, jump right in and give it a try. Maybe some of the eager and positive members will contribute.
Last edited by celestial_insight on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well after seeing what happened to the guy on channel 9 news tonight after he confronted a burglar in his own home im glad i didnt lol and besides dunno if this is right but can you still be charged if you attack someone in your home.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Mate you have every right to defend yourself and your property as long as the force you use is justified and appropriate to the circumstances!!!!
the least people can do is lock up, record serial numbers, and get good descriptions if they do see something!
and guys if you do have some information call the police or crimestoppers, what you may think is a small bit of info might lead to an arrest! and people need to learn to 'dob' people in, people in perth hold alot of intel they need to learn to share with the appropriate authorities, if people are on the ball we can all reduce crime not just the police, everyone can do their part, because prevention is alot more painless than being a victim to crime.....
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Markmywords wrote:Well after seeing what happened to the guy on channel 9 news tonight after he confronted a burglar in his own home im glad i didnt lol and besides dunno if this is right but can you still be charged if you attack someone in your home.
As GC101 says, u can do anything u want so long as its justified and appropriate circumstances, i even read the police manual on the issue when i was doing a speach about it at school... that baseball bat to the back of the perps knee caps woulda done the trick :P

U could always say that the perp came at u and u feared for ur life and took appropriate circumstances to defend urself..with the baseball bat :roll:
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

if u do defend urself dont hit them in the back weather its knees back head
bit hard to explain how come it was from behind not at him/her comikngb at u
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

I thought you were allowed to use the same force that they used. By that I mean if they have a baseball bat, then you can use a baseball bat etc etc. And if they are unarmed, you can only fight unarmed too. Or am I completely wrong?? :oops:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

as i read it in the police manual last year... it was force with resonable cause and appropriate to the circumstances... its an orange book.. the boys in blue on here will know what im talking about... anyways... it tells u all u need to know weather it be about defending ur self and property, to people being on ur property... to sexual assault.. to domestic issues and all sorts. Very handy to have in your car if you could get ur self (people of the public) a copy which i doubt.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

really, i tho it was a yellow book.
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Don't stress to much on reasonable force. In a dwelling you have the lawful right to repel a home invader. If you learn one thing....it is far easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.... and I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by twelve :twisted: