Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

uneekwahn wrote:my question is, if a normal member of the public was killed in this fashion, would the close so many roads and for such a long period of time?

It's sad that anyone has died, but it seems that they're making such a big issue out of it for some reason?
To answer your question, Yes they would close so many roads for anyone.... What we get special treatment at our crime scenes when we die. You should be ashamed for making such comment.

Rest in Peace my brother, will remember the times we worked together.....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
uneekwahn

Post by uneekwahn »

Ludacris, I'm not at all ashamed for asking my question. I'm not the only one who is wondering why they closed the roads for such a long period of time.

I've seen other fatals where roads have been opened quite swiftly, and was curious as to why such special treatment today. I drove past there this morning and saw a minimum of 8 cops blocking the roads etc and thought it was overkill.

There's no need to take offence at such an innocent question, although I can understand you're grieving right now.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

I did not take offence to what you said but Obviously you have no idea what is involved then....
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

All condolances to the family of the office

The officer a Senior Constable who was killed was the driver of NJ102
NJ102 sat at the site until late this morning.
Adzy

Post by Adzy »

Person's jumped off a bridge...

Mitchell Fwy X Hay St...
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

jump and hit car
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

I'm not sure if any of you guys realise, but when an officer is killed in the line of duty in this fashion a LOT of people get involved.. Not only is there a crime investigation involving Major Crime Squad & Major Crash Section but also in internal investigation involving Internal Investigations Unit as it involved a member of WAPOL.. Then there will probably be a coronial investigation by the State Coroners office and to top it all off, it is also considered an workplace accident, therefore Worksafe WA get involved.. Three different agencies who have different demands and different evidence that need to be collected so to have the area cordoned off for such a long time is not all that unreasonable.. If this happened at a building site, that site would've been closed for days..

Just remember, every square inch of this state is the workplace of the WA Police..

And on a more personal note, I want to compliment every officer that attended the scene that night, especially those who worked with PC Murphy at Joondalup GD's.. I know a couple of you very personally and the professsionism you executed made me proud.. When a situation goes bad, we only have ourselves to protect each other.. No matter what section you work for, we're all blue underneath..
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

yer hav audio from my moblie ph which i recorded wen i 1st heard officer dwn, officer dwn, the code nobody should hav to worried bout the 235.
Last edited by Hm681 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Well said Whiskey1.

Whilst it may be cold comfort, I am sure the members of the other Emergency Services are also feeling the force's pain. It is a terrible thing when you lose one of your own, doing what you love - serving your community.

RIP
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Police Chase Channel 2, Canning Mills Road towards Kelmscott

Right on River Road

Chase Aborted

Chase re-established

JG 201 On albany hwy

Left on brookton highway

Nil Traffic 70k/hr

JG 201 Aborted, lost sight of vehicle
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

cant hear itr
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

JG102 New Chase

Channel 2, Chasing Falcon Manning RD heading east

Ah South East suburbs are out of control :lol:

Speed 100k/hr limit 60k/h

VKI Abort chase

Chase Aborted

Confirmed stolen vehicle, 3 cars in the area

JG102 Last seen Kelvin X Tonkin Hwy
Last edited by Ausrob on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

got it.. can hear
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

omg it van.. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they called it of
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

wat a nite, cd502 must been thinking which way to go lolol, how many cars stolen