Pursuits and other events

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

roger roger.. poi house will b taped off and guarded by uniform officers 4 next 24hrs.roads r reopened
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Well that was boring. Was there for about 4 hours. Only bit of excitement was when a car pulled out from the street they thought was the POI. 3 cars zoomed head on towards him and blocked him. Jumped out with guns drawn and shut him down. Unfortunately it wasnt him.
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

this is how it happened

first
:smt008
they meet, fall in love and move in together

:smt030
but its not until then she discovers he likes a drink

[-X
so she tries to tell him she wants it to stop

:smt014
well he's not very happy with what she has to say

:smt075
so he tries to re-educate her the only way he knows how

:smt021
when that doesn't work instead of leaving she tries to re-educate him back

:smt067
well how dare she try to re-educate him so he puts a stop to that right away

:smt059
and it works

:smt119
then the police arrive because the person next door cant hear their tv because of the gunshots

](*,) :smt102
and spend the next four hours trying to work out why they just didn't leave each other

:smt024
then spend the next 6 hours doing the paperwork about it

:-#
and they be best not say anything because management would not like that

this is my little soapbox moment, when are people going to learn, the police are not relationship repairmen, it would be good if one day they were allowed to do the job they joined for

sorry i just needed to get it off my chest
WannaKnowWhatsGoingOn

Post by WannaKnowWhatsGoingOn »

Yes frustrating, though not cool when there are children involved.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

My scanner died this morning so missed what happened in spearwood and i only noticed when i was walking to the shops near the libary n walked past-

One POI in cuffs sitting next to his car, looked like one CD car 2 plain clothed officers one filming the POI and a blue crewman with a uniformed officer no deck lights on it front or rear, with them.

And i didnt have my mobile on me either anyone catch what happened.
imacop

Hamersley Siege

Post by imacop »

WAPOL Media Release

Hamersley Siege

Police have charged a 47 year old Hamersley man after a 6 hour siege at the man’s family home yesterday.

It will be alleged that Police cordoned off the Katrine Way home shortly after 4pm after receiving information that the man had made serious threats against his wife and family and may be in possession of firearms.

Tactical response officers and negotiators attended the premises and attempted to commence negotiations with the man who refused to surrender.

At about 10pm the man came out into his front yard to verbally abuse Police and was overpowered and apprehended by TRG officers. A subsequent search of the premises resultedin the seizure of two rifles and ammunition.

The man will appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today to face the following charges:

One count aggravated assault occasioning bodily harm (assault was previously in the day)
One count threats to kill or injure
One count fail to secure firearms/ammunition

Police also wish to acknowledge the media for there cooperation during the incident.

Ends release.

visit our website: www.police.wa.gov.au
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

isnt that grand> i like wat they said in the last part.(Police also wish to acknowledge the media for there cooperation during the incident)
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

The last line of the media statment was very interesting. Seige didn't make a mention on the ch2 or Ch9 news.
I'm suprised they didn't show the footage when that Jeep came down and the all the police cars swarmed (right in front of the cameras). Officers surrounded the vehicle and some had weapons drawn as they took away the driver and called the Rangers to take away the dog from inside the car.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Hm681 - do you work in the media?
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

The media were definitely there. Perhaps they were asked not to broadcast it for the same reason suicides are never talked about. I thought this must have been the case after seeing the media there before 6pm, but hearing that it didnt make the news on the night. And seeing only a very small segment on the news the following night. Having said that I am sure that if our state was not on fire, it may have been bigger news.
Can anybody who works in the media clarify if they were given police orders not to broadcast???
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

fire was important.. ppl didnt really wanted to know bout man with gun after dispute. kinda boring to the media. fire was important after a teacher die. and they wanted to show it.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

hahaha very good thrill :D
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Jandakot airport ? FESA, SJA n WAPOL on scene i missed it anyone know whats going on ?

Waiting for a plane to land ?
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Bobby wrote:Can anybody who works in the media clarify if they were given police orders not to broadcast???
I think they were mainly thanking the media as they asked them to not broadcast anything on the seige until it was over. No radio or tv.

Im also surprised they didnt show the guns drawn at jeep bit! Will post up a vid when I get the tape back.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Pursuit-South Street/Stock Road just been aborted.

East bound south street-toyota corolla headlights off

South Street x Murdoch

Kwinana Freeway Northbound last seen-confirmed stolen

Pursuit Aborted cause headlights are off.